Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Week Sales
yeah i saw they're projected to do bout 20-25K but i'm thinkin it might be more with their digital sales since i'm pretty sure that's included in regular sales #'s

if they shipped about 20-25K, you figure they sold just about all of that but the main point of this thread is the #'s i'm seein on Itunes & amazon

right now, amazon has Slaughterhouse at #83 overall and 2nd in Rap right behind Black eyed peas and above Eminem.  to me, that's very impressive and i'm guessing this has gotta add up to their overall #

also, they're #10 on itunes for all music.

you think this means they'll get somewhere between 30-40k?  all of the websites are giving them great reviews so i bet if they can get a strong 2nd single out(Not Tonight or Onslaught 2?) they'll be over 100K in a month

i know they're already looking at their 2nd group release for early '10 which is great but if E1 was smart, they'd invest in at least 2-3 more singles from the album.  Thriller released 7-10 singles after it was released and "Thriller" the song wasn't released as a video until like 2 years later.  obviously this aint Thriller and i don't wanna see them waiting that long for another album but they should def push some more singles so they get the exposure it deserves
I see where your going alright with making the most from the album to drive sales, not sure what way digital sales are counted in though
Digital sales are going to be an important factor in this album. I'm really thinking that they are going to sell out very close to all the units shipped which was very low. Originally we heard 35K, but Joe Budden later said in a live stream that it was actually 20K. I think a lot of people wanted to support this album so bad that they just went and picked up the digital copy.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's around 40K, because if it is, that's a great accomplishment for them.
I'm still saying about 20k. 25k would be pretty big in my opinion considering the number of hard copies shipped. Stupid E1.
(08-14-2009, 09:04 PM)slickrik2002 link Wrote: you think this means they'll get somewhere between 30-40k?  all of the websites are giving them great reviews so i bet if they can get a strong 2nd single out(Not Tonight or Onslaught 2?) they'll be over 100K in a month

i know they're already looking at their 2nd group release for early '10 which is great but if E1 was smart, they'd invest in at least 2-3 more singles from the album.  Thriller released 7-10 singles after it was released and "Thriller" the song wasn't released as a video until like 2 years later.  obviously this aint Thriller and i don't wanna see them waiting that long for another album but they should def push some more singles so they get the exposure it deserves

I think that nearing 40k with the digital sales on top of the hard copies is somewhat possible. I don't think there is any way in hell that they could pull off 100k for the first month.

They need to play their cards right and definitely choose either Not Tonight or Onslaught 2 as their next single. Both have really uptempo beats that people would go crazy over. Onslaught 2 is especially hype, and having Fatman Scoop on it is a HUGE plus. I think the other great thing about that track is the girl in it saying each of their names before their verses. 1) I think it just adds a little something to the track that would have been missing without it, and 2) so people who don't know ANY of the 4 of these dudes can start to recognize them individually.

They would have the potential for many singles from this album, but if they don't go with at least those 2, I will be very disappointed. This album is already a classic, and people can't sleep on this, they have the opportunity to make a TON of money off of it still.
Lol Crooked will be putting new diamonds into his chain!
yeah imo E1 fucked up with such a low amount of hardcopy discs, Europe got nothing for stores which was a letdown, some online retailers got a small amount ie Play.com and Amazon.co.uk which were out of stock come the 11th due to pre-orders.

I ordered a hard copy from the Amazons US site (im in Europe) so still waiting on that to arrive but picked up the digital copy too, so id say the CDs will be gone thats like 25k plus almost everyone who got a CD caught a digital so it could be a 40k first week if the downloads are counted right via Amazon, iTunes, Amalgam, Play... etc etc
(08-15-2009, 07:29 AM)Mrs EFFeX link Wrote: They would have the potential for many singles from this album, but if they don't go with at least those 2

Not tonight for sure, but I think cut You loose and pray also raindrops would be more mainstream appeal.

But I hope they do exceed in digital download. the world needs to know!