Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reason why Slaughterhouse was with Eminem in the forever video !!
Don't get too excited......I would be sooooo disappointed if they signed to Shady/Aftermath.

Would that undermine Crooked whole thinking and logic for the past ten years of doing his own thing?

Given, I would like to see Em and Crook on tracks together too, but Crooked was recruited to Aftermath back in '99 and he declined. It would look like a desperate attempt to try to gain some publicity and notoriety on the mainstream level. For long-time Crook fans, they should understand that.

Crooked would be just like every other if he signed, and for years he has strived to be the exact opposite of every other artist.

Plus, the whole Aftermath/Shady/Gunit crew has completley fallen apart anyway, and is years removed from 03-04 when they were on top.
(09-24-2009, 10:06 AM)cymba link Wrote: Don't get too excited......I would be sooooo disappointed if they signed to Shady/Aftermath.

Would that undermine Crooked whole thinking and logic for the past ten years of doing his own thing?

Given, I would like to see Em and Crook on tracks together too, but Crooked was recruited to Aftermath back in '99 and he declined. It would look like a desperate attempt to try to gain some publicity and notoriety on the mainstream level. For long-time Crook fans, they should understand that.

Crooked would be just like every other if he signed, and for years he has strived to be the exact opposite of every other artist.

Plus, the whole Aftermath/Shady/Gunit crew has completley fallen apart anyway, and is years removed from 03-04 when they were on top.

Crooked I signing a deal with Aftermath is different than SH signing a deal with Aftermath. One reason Em might be open to making some kind of deal with them is precisely because the label has dropped a lot of talent - Obie Trice, Stat Quo, etc - and hasn't replaced those artists with anyone else.

Is think SH and Em is a possibility at this point but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe what they could put together are joint tours and a distribution deal if not a full-blown record deal. Even that would be better than staying stuck at Koch (aka E-1).
SH signing to Aftermath Entertainment would be a disaster.

SH signing to Shady Records wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

However, with that being said, Shady Records doesn't necessarily have a better history of releasing albums outside of their main core. Look at Bobby Creekwater and Ca$his, they never blew to the level they were supposed to.

I think the best part of being on a big label like that will be the budget and promotion. At least if the label is fully supportive of the project they will be able to get the word out there. They'll also be able to push the radios to spin the music more.

BTW: I wouldn't blame Crooked for signing to a big label. He's been independent for so long now. It's a career don't forget, he's got to eat too. Not only that, a lot of people rely on his success. I couldn't be mad at him.
(09-24-2009, 12:07 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: SH signing to Aftermath Entertainment would be a disaster.

However, with that being said, Shady Records doesn't necessarily have a better history of releasing albums outside of their main core. Look at Bobby Creekwater and Ca$his, they never blew to the level they were supposed to.

I think the best part of being on a big label like that will be the budget and promotion. At least if the label is fully supportive of the project they will be able to get the word out there. They'll also be able to push the radios to spin the music more.

BTW: I wouldn't blame Crooked for signing to a big label. He's been independent for so long now. It's a career don't forget, he's got to eat too. Not only that, a lot of people rely on his success. I couldn't be mad at him.

I get Shady/Aftermath mixed up because they are all technically part of Interscope. Having labels within labels confuses the hell out of me.

A big reason why Creekwater and Ca$his didn't blow, in my opinion, is because they whack. The Re-Up mixtape Em put out with them on it was weak as hell, and I don't think they ever even had a fanbase on which to build as a result.

Signing to a label isn't inherently bad or evil. It really depends on the terms of the deal and what the label's intention is with regard to the artist in question. If Dre hadn't signed Em, he'd be in an unemployment line in Detroit or rapping on his lunchbreak against co-workers.
crook and dre want to have a contest for who can push back their album the longest lol
crooked is winning, atleast dre HAS album(s) out
(09-24-2009, 12:07 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: SH signing to Aftermath Entertainment would be a disaster.

Its a bad move for SH, one that I don't want to see. People often forget that 50 Cent is signed to Shady and all of his albums were put out on Shady Records, not Gunit, BTW.

It woud get great publicity, no doubt about that. On the plus, it probably really would lead to some very good music, which is the most important thing of all. As a Crooked fan though, I would like to see him blow up independently on Treacherous. My honest opinion is that is best shot of that was after the HHW series ended, and he really blew that chance big time. His buzz was sooooo high at that time, it was crazy. He was front page of EVERY hip-hop website.