Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I feat. Snoop Dogg - "Guess Who's Back"
(10-06-2009, 06:51 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=alphabet link=topic=2515.msg262069#msg262069 date=1254869360]
[quote author=Snake Eyez link=topic=2515.msg262068#msg262068 date=1254867212]
no snoop verse  :-\

Thank god.

Kinda disappointed that there's no new Slaughterhouse track though.
[/quote]

Funny thing is, I kind of agree with you on that one. This song is about letting Crooked I shine.

So, what you think about the cover, you earned some fame off your art work the last couple weeks.
[/quote]

I think the cover's better than both of ours to be honest, the text could be better but overall it's dope in my opinion.
Can i just say something bout the artwork........Weapon WAIST?? is it not Weapon WASTE?? As in all gone, as in empty clip? Rather than the waist size??

Hopefully someone can clear this up im not having another Spell check joke surrounding crook
Thats a nice single. I enjoyed the track quite a bit. However, it does NOT have mainstream appeal at all. I do not see the track getting much radio airplay. I know Snoop is on it, but it doesn't matter.

Crooked had fuckin Akon on Dream Big and that didn't chart at all on Billboard. How many copies did that sell on iTunes??? I know it was available on the web long before it was officially released, and this will have the same effect.

I like the tracklisting too, I can't wait til it is released. The "no release date has been set" does scare me a little, we all have heard that too many times already.

but what the fuck is up with the cover???? that shit is sooooooo fuckin ugly and corny! Damn Crooked, no one wants to buy an album that looks like that.
(10-06-2009, 06:55 PM)Nially link Wrote: Can i just say something bout the artwork........Weapon WAIST?? is it not Weapon WASTE?? As in all gone, as in empty clip? Rather than the waist size??

Hopefully someone can clear this up im not having another Spell check joke surrounding crook

They mean that he rocks weapons on his waist.

Either works I guess.
Yeah i always presumed it was Waste and not waist.... I see how waist COULD work.... Waste seemed to be more logical though!
I'm pissed that he left off the Raekwon/EDI Mean joint, especially considering that it could be tragic foreshadowing. Joell has also been hyping up a Rae feature on his Free Agent album.

Also, I wish he put a new SH joint on this EP. However, considering the fact that I read a Nottz interview where he sounded anguished about the song not making the SH album. However, if sample clearance was an issue at that time, how's it getting cleared this time around?

My final "fan longing" was a feature from a "New West" MC. One-2 and him couldn't have just knocked out a quick studio session? While it's not a huge deal, I thought about this considering the length of the EP.

Overall, I feel like Crooked should come out and explain a little bit about the alterations/delays of Pig Face (especially the status of the Raekwon/EDI Mean song). As an independent artist, he should be a little more open to the fans. I'm not asking for him to do the Joe Budden, but maybe one blog?
(10-06-2009, 06:52 PM)alphabet link Wrote: I notice he took the Raekwon track off too. And In 2009 does he really expect to get radio/video play with a hook that goes "Guess who's back in the muthafuckin house, with a fat dick for your muthafuckin mouth"

Yeah. I'm not feelin this track much after a couple of listens... Crook has some hot lines as always but the beat is.... kinda... boring? And I agree with Alphabet... since when does "Guess who's back in the muthafuckin house, with a fat dick for your muthafuckin mouth" have radio appeal? are you kidding me...

ugh.. I am let down by the tracklist too... mainly the # of tracks and the slaughterhouse feature..  but i feel badly for brimming with negativity, so I'll wait till we hear the final product.  :-[
ITS ABOUT TIME THIS BEEF IS OVER, DOPE TRACK IN MY OPINION...
not the best but defintly not the worst the thing that gets me though is.. they shouldnt release it on the net, theyre are makin a filmclip for this song so why not make the leak the filmclip instead of the song? wen i send my mates youtube video links they would get into the music alot more if they had a film clip in the background rather then just a picture of crooked i that weve all seen a thousand times b4
(10-07-2009, 02:15 AM)beagle link Wrote: not the best but defintly not the worst the thing that gets me though is.. they shouldnt release it on the net, theyre are makin a filmclip for this song so why not make the leak the filmclip instead of the song? wen i send my mates youtube video links they would get into the music alot more if they had a film clip in the background rather then just a picture of crooked i that weve all seen a thousand times b4

The song always leaks before the video though peak interest. I hear what your saying though, just be patient.