Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Hop Now Available!!
Street Hop is out now!  It can be downloaded on Itunes, and Amazon (physical cd on Amazon too)!  Be sure to support Nickel and pick up a copy!!

Anyone know if physical copies will be available nationwide (like Best Buy, or FYE)?
Still waiting on my pre-order that's signed but got a digital copy off amazon at 0001am 20th Oct!

Whats everyones thoughts?

So far tracks I like;

Dinner Time
Gun Harmonizing
Murder
Soldier
(10-20-2009, 07:54 AM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote: Still waiting on my pre-order that's signed but got a digital copy off amazon at 0001am 20th Oct!

Whats everyones thoughts?

So far tracks I like;

Dinner Time
Gun Harmonizing
Murder
Soldier

Damn man you beat me!  Got mine on itunes at about 1220 this morning haha...Haven't hear it all yet, but so far really liking Dinner Time, and Crooked's verse on Gun Harmonizing is just insane!!

I'm waiting on my signed copy too.  Doubt I even open it up though.  i think I'll just keep it.
I got my signed pre-ordered copy on Saturday. I can easily play this album the whole way through. Fave tracks are Murder, Bad Boy, Somethin 2 Ride 2, Street Hop 2010. Gun Harmonizing is a dope track, but everyone can agree on that..I also think K Young did great vocal work on Thing For Your Girlfriend.

Overall, this is an excellent album!
Still waiting for my autographed pre-order, I'm not expecting to see it for a while though but I've been listening to the album since it leaked.

My favorite tracks are..

Something 2 Ride 2
Gangsta
Hood Love
Murder
Bad Boy

Overall I'd give the album 8/10. I would really like to hear the "Street Hop" from back before Slaughterhouse, back when he recorded "Shake This" and "Part Of Me". I think that album would be even better.

And am I the only one who thought Crooked's verse on Gun Harmonizing kind of.. sucked? Wasn't feeling it at all, just sounded like a compilation of lines that he's already recycled 1 too many times. I'm starting to get a bit sick of the same old "My gun will do this, my gun will do that" shit.
agreed with alphabet, esp about crooked i.
(10-20-2009, 11:45 AM)alphabet link Wrote: And am I the only one who thought Crooked's verse on Gun Harmonizing kind of.. sucked? Wasn't feeling it at all, just sounded like a compilation of lines that he's already recycled 1 too many times. I'm starting to get a bit sick of the same old "My gun will do this, my gun will do that" shit.

The song is called Gun Harmonizing though! LOL.

I thought the verse was good, its just im not used to it yet cause I already played out the original with just Royce.
(10-20-2009, 11:45 AM)alphabet link Wrote: Still waiting for my autographed pre-order, I'm not expecting to see it for a while though but I've been listening to the album since it leaked.

My favorite tracks are..

Something 2 Ride 2
Gangsta
Hood Love
Murder
Bad Boy

Overall I'd give the album 8/10. I would really like to hear the "Street Hop" from back before Slaughterhouse, back when he recorded "Shake This" and "Part Of Me". I think that album would be even better.

And am I the only one who thought Crooked's verse on Gun Harmonizing kind of.. sucked? Wasn't feeling it at all, just sounded like a compilation of lines that he's already recycled 1 too many times. I'm starting to get a bit sick of the same old "My gun will do this, my gun will do that" shit.

I agree and disagree at the same time.  I really like this verse.....however the "gun talk" is getting played out with him.  I thought he was nixing all that after the "illeged" (spelling) shooting a while back.  For this song though, i thought it was dope. 

The Street Hop/Revival from before SH was crazy!  The one that leaked with those songs on it.  I bumped that for months.  So those recycled songs are played out to me right now.  I'll be finishing the album up tonight to give it my score and how it compares.
Ya, I dunno I kind of agree that that verse wasn't that crazy. I mean honestly, even that line that was quoted "beautiful... nickel's funeral" can you honestly say that was a really good line? I just noticed some of my standards for Crooked's lines have gone down a bit recently.

I don't wanna cause alot of controversy here but I think Crooked fell off a bit since his prime. You can tell he isn't quite there lyrically/quality of lines is grasping since hip hop weekly and some of the stuff from before. But that's just my opinion. I kind of liked the old flow better too. But ya, Street Hop was definitely a great album, it had that "album" (versus mixtape) appeal and production that alot of other slaughterhouse material is lacking to an extent.
nothing he has made since the weekleys have been quite there, bar a few features.