Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Hop Now Available!!
I think the below review is pretty accurate on this album.  Only thing I would add is that having heard so many of the tracks really took away from the album for me.  If I was just hearing Shake This, Part of Me, and Warriors for the first time I'd probably be all excited and throwing out words like "great" and "classic".  I like the album a lot, but a good many of the new songs are fillers in my opinion.  Overall it's good and after a few listens it may get better to me, but the Revival leak of last year was much much better.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/reviews/id...street-hop
Got my signed CD yesterday!! 
Why is it that "Part of Me" sounds terrible?

I paid for the iTunes files, and there's been a LOT of talk on the Joe Budden board about how the CD sounds awful. Anyone have a similar experience? I'm thinking I should find the best quality illegal download and get it so I can at least have CDQ tracks.
(10-21-2009, 07:39 AM)Akademic link Wrote: I think the below review is pretty accurate on this album.  Only thing I would add is that having heard so many of the tracks really took away from the album for me.  If I was just hearing Shake This, Part of Me, and Warriors for the first time I'd probably be all excited and throwing out words like "great" and "classic".  I like the album a lot, but a good many of the new songs are fillers in my opinion.  Overall it's good and after a few listens it may get better to me, but the Revival leak of last year was much much better.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/reviews/id...street-hop

With Royce it really takes many listens because he's not dumbing down anything. To me the album is a classic, there are so many aspects I can approach it and the work proves to be solid.

The HHDX review sucks so much ass it ain't even funny anymore. I've been planning to write reviews of the reviews - there have been so many shamingly unaccurate reviews. It really seems like they don't have any clue on how to review a rap album. Biggest problem nowadays is the affect of the Internet - how everything is available so fast and easy for the listener. I really advice these lil reviewers to concentrate on their own psychology before publishing their little snap writings.
(10-23-2009, 01:06 PM)Akademic link Wrote: Got my signed CD yesterday!! 
still waiting on mine am in the uk and our postmen are on strike so will probably be a little while longer yet
(10-23-2009, 04:26 PM)adamtfhc link Wrote: [quote author=Akademic link=topic=2569.msg262637#msg262637 date=1256317578]
still waiting on mine am in the uk and our postmen are on strike so will probably be a little while longer yet
[/quote]

Mine actually came through on Thursday, I thought the post strike mite affect it but it came just before!
(10-24-2009, 03:28 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote: [quote author=adamtfhc link=topic=2569.msg262642#msg262642 date=1256329580]
[quote author=Akademic link=topic=2569.msg262637#msg262637 date=1256317578]
[/quote]

Mine actually came through on Thursday, I thought the post strike mite affect it but it came just before!
[/quote]
still no sign of mine
Album to me is solid all the way through, no tracks worth skipping or deleting, which is pretty rare for me. Skips gotta go though.

One question I have though is about the tracks "On the Run" and "Murder." Based on the two stories in those songs, shouldn't "On the Run" have come after "Murder" in the tracklist? Or are these two story telling tracks totally unrelated? I think they're part of the same story because the samples at the beginning of OtR and the end of Murder are the same...

What do ya'll think?
(10-26-2009, 01:05 PM)anita_job link Wrote: Album to me is solid all the way through, no tracks worth skipping or deleting, which is pretty rare for me. Skips gotta go though.

One question I have though is about the tracks "On the Run" and "Murder." Based on the two stories in those songs, shouldn't "On the Run" have come after "Murder" in the tracklist? Or are these two story telling tracks totally unrelated? I think they're part of the same story because the samples at the beginning of OtR and the end of Murder are the same...

What do ya'll think?

Yeah its the same story, if you listen right at the end of 'On The Run' he says "Lets go back to how it all started".

And at the end of Murder you have it fading out and in the background you can hear him checking in to the hotel.

I like the way its done, it would be simple to do the songs in correct time order but its a good idea to do them in reverse.

By the way, Murder is one of my fav songs on album.