Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip Hop Skits
Why do so many rappers put retarded ass lame skits on their albums and mixtapes? The ONLY skits I ever heard on any album that were worth the track space were on Kanye's first two albums because they were funny and they had to do with the theme of the albums.

I think all rappers need to stop that shit. I'm talking to you, Royce, Crooked I, Slaughterhouse, Eminem, Kanye because you suck from Graduation onwards, Jay-Z, whoeverthefuck.
agreed. a song there would be better. but what it does its split up the album if they have 2 very contrasting songs next to each other.
the horseshoe gang album just has them freestyling for the skits lol!
how'd you know that dal?
(10-22-2009, 01:47 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:how'd you know that dal?

listen to the snippets on amazon!
never! im waiting till november 3rd!

yo do you know if we can buy the CD in the UK?
(10-22-2009, 02:04 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:never! im waiting till november 3rd!

I don't think they are making a CD it's internet download only i think. but we won't be able to get it over here because amazon doesn't let UK users download mp3 albums!
(10-22-2009, 01:35 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:agreed. a song there would be better. but what it does its split up the album if they have 2 very contrasting songs next to each other.

You just have to do a better job blending a tracklist then. Sometimes a big contrast wakes up the listener.

A skit everyone skips/deletes is the same things as having an awkward transition from the listener's perspective.
(10-22-2009, 02:58 PM)DALJ link Wrote:[quote author=shaffaaf27 link=topic=2579.msg262593#msg262593 date=1256234663]
never! im waiting till november 3rd!

I don't think they are making a CD it's internet download only i think. but we won't be able to get it over here because amazon doesn't let UK users download mp3 albums!
[/quote]

It may also be available on iTunes as well, in fact INgrooves will probably put it on all major digital retail sites.

As far as hard copies go, that has not been announced, but I wouldn't count on it right now.
(10-22-2009, 01:42 PM)DALJ link Wrote:the horseshoe gang album just has them freestyling for the skits lol!

lol before i read you comment i was about to say that rappers should just bust out a quick freestyle, i still gota check the HSG album is it dope or what??