Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Starting New Album "Million Dollar Story"
(12-22-2009, 11:25 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:hell yeah. everyone hit crooked i up to tell him to release group therapy retitled as this, or make it liek group therapy.

Well, apparently he's already started recording for "Million Dollar Story"...
Man this shit is crazy, he keeps changing the name of his debut, fuck he just needs to drop it, it sounds like a realllllly dope concept and album name but when are we gonna get it....February then because of "industry politics" it will be moved to april then more politics and the next release date will be august then he'll change the title and the story will continue...

sorry just letting off anger, i really hope this drops, i bet it doesnt though
(12-22-2009, 11:42 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=shaffaaf27 link=topic=2917.msg265193#msg265193 date=1261538712]
hell yeah. everyone hit crooked i up to tell him to release group therapy retitled as this, or make it liek group therapy.

Well, apparently he's already started recording for "Million Dollar Story"...
[/quote]

Didn't he have like 7-8 songs recorded for Group Therapy?

I'm just saying. He has albums in the vault. He can release a complete album for free to build buzz for "Million Dollar Story." I doubt it'd cost him a damn thing. I just imagine he has so much unreleased material that it's nutso.

I would like to hear B.O.S.S. I would like to hear Group Therapy. If he plans on taking the PFWW concept and expanding upon it, I'd like to hear that (I imagine he won't because it's not really the best of ideas. He has the anti-"Death of Gangsta Rap" theme capped in 8 songs). I just want to hear new dope music. If it's available for purchase, I will buy it.
now it´s getting funny as fuck, don´t get me wrong im happy about this if this comes out, but what about boss,no country for old man, group threapy & pigface lp? now this? and fans has to think about the lp?? comon crook you can do it better.
(12-22-2009, 10:14 PM)101dhs link Wrote:chill out guys...we don't need any crooked bashing on here

No Crooked bashing intended, just being honest and thruthful. Crooked has fucked with his fans soooooooooooooooooooo many times. I am a huge Crooked fan and would buy mulitple copies of any project he put out, but he fucks with us too much- any comments on this board are comments he deserves.

All the free music is great, but broken promises are getting very repetitive year-after-year. If Crooked would just come out and say what happend to the projects, instead of promoting somthing new and never even speaking of the projects again- the fans would not feel so betrayed.
jesus christ here we go again
Where is Group Therapy? :'(  I mean I am excited about whatever he drops next, but it really got me going when I heard about Group Therapy. I liked all the stuff he did in the past with King Tech, but unfortunately I have not heard one thing about it since..... uh... the first time I heard anything about it. I agree with everyone that he needs to stop playing around with his fans tho. Its one thing if he cant control whats going on and stuff gets messed up, but its another to announce things before the are really official and then let the fans down. Still, this new album sounds like a cool concept, and he could go a lot of different ways with it.
I agree with some of the criticism about Crooked I not releasing past projects, missing dates, changing LP names, starting new projects when old ones aren't released, etc.

At the same time, you have to understand: artists are fickle.

fick⋅le –adjective
1.) likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable. 2.) not constant or loyal in affections.

Today's sick concept project becomes tomorrow's headache. You put a lot of work into something, shit doesn't pan out for whatever reason, samples on 2 tracks remain uncleared, etc. and then you're six months late and you've pushed the release date back 3 times.

In the meantime, you came up with a new sick concept to work on and you're venting your frustrations through that. Then you go back and listen to the first project, and you're like, "meh I'm not really feeling this anymore."

The way Crooked I is with projects reminds me of how Joe Budden is with beefs. I'm not saying he's bi-polar, but he creates so much music it's hard for him to keep up on the legal/paperwork/administrative side of it, especially after he hits snags here and there.
It's not his fault he can't release his older material. Tell his contract that...

As far as I know he has a 1 album contract with Treacherous but they are holding out for a big cash advance to release the album from a distributor. They have the rights to B.O.S.S - so if he released it free on the net he'd have to record a new b.o.s.s to fulfill his contract.. you cant blame crook.

Effex, please remove this post if it is completely and utterly untrue, but thats what i've been told
(12-23-2009, 12:22 PM)DJ Henny link Wrote:It's not his fault he can't release his older material. Tell his contract that...

As far as I know he has a 1 album contract with Treacherous but they are holding out for a big cash advance to release the album from a distributor. They have the rights to B.O.S.S - so if he released it free on the net he'd have to record a new b.o.s.s to fulfill his contract.. you cant blame crook.

Effex, please remove this post if it is completely and utterly untrue, but thats what i've been told

I have heard that same exact story (not from Crooked), but have reason to believe that not every detail is entirely accurate.

You are right on one thing though, they are definitely waiting for the PERFECT distribution deal to release the project. I have a feeling that they are closer than ever with all the attention Crooked has received through Slaughterhouse.