Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Starting New Album "Million Dollar Story"
Looks like I'll be creating a Twitter account!  SO help me God if this turns out to be another pfww Ep I am gonna lose it!!  I just wants some substance mixed with the lyrical skill....I don't think it's asking too much
coming soon....when, soon. ill wait like i always did, like we always did
(12-23-2009, 12:34 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=DJ Henny link=topic=2917.msg265215#msg265215 date=1261585371]
It's not his fault he can't release his older material. Tell his contract that...

As far as I know he has a 1 album contract with Treacherous but they are holding out for a big cash advance to release the album from a distributor. They have the rights to B.O.S.S - so if he released it free on the net he'd have to record a new b.o.s.s to fulfill his contract.. you cant blame crook.

Effex, please remove this post if it is completely and utterly untrue, but thats what i've been told

I have heard that same exact story (not from Crooked), but have reason to believe that not every detail is entirely accurate.

You are right on one thing though, they are definitely waiting for the PERFECT distribution deal to release the project. I have a feeling that they are closer than ever with all the attention Crooked has received through Slaughterhouse.
[/quote]

While I certainly don't work at Treacherous, what are they waiting for exactly? I mean come fuckin on.....Hip Hop Weekly finished nearly two years ago- dude had a single with Akon, it was planning to be released, that is evident. His buzz was bigger back then than it is now.

I don't know what a "perfect" situation would be. The Flopperhouse album sold 30k copies in total, nobody bought it, despite the quality of the album. Internet attention can work- Drake and Asher Roth both sold over 100K this year through internet buzz- and Drake just sold a free mixtape that was already out for quite some time lol! Being part of Slaughterhouse is not going to help Crooked sell solo albums, it might a little, but most casual fans (you know, the ones that actually buy the albums) still don't have any idea who Crooked I even is- sorry to say, but its the truth. Crooked and Treacherous have major marketing problems for themselves. It still shocks me that "Mr. Hip-Hip Weekly" STILL does not have his own fuckin website, maybe that would help. The Twitter and MySpace pages are cool, but a real site would help I imagine.

If SH does sign to Shady, that would no doubt be a good look for them and Crooked, but most Shady artists don't release albums...........we all know what happened last time Crooked signed to a major label that was also notorious for not putting out artists albums lol! 
If SH does sign to Shady, that would no doubt be a good look for them and Crooked, but most Shady artists don't release albums...........we all know what happened last time Crooked signed to a major label that was also notorious for not putting out artists albums lol! 
[/quote]

I had not thought of it that way before, but that makes a lot of sense. Good point homie.
:Smile

doesnt seem like there's much of a creative direction or idea torwards what the man wants to put on album.  Too many ideas and titles being thrown around that amount to nothing.

Group Therapy, BOSS, BOSS Sessions, Pigface, Dream Tapes, Million Dollar Story, Say Hi To The Bad Guy, YBv3, etc. etc.  

The man has more tentative album titles than releases. bottom line.
(12-23-2009, 03:06 PM)cymba link Wrote:While I certainly don't work at Treacherous, what are they waiting for exactly? I mean come fuckin on.....Hip Hop Weekly finished nearly two years ago- dude had a single with Akon, it was planning to be released, that is evident. His buzz was bigger back then than it is now.

I don't know what a "perfect" situation would be. The Flopperhouse album sold 30k copies in total, nobody bought it, despite the quality of the album. Internet attention can work- Drake and Asher Roth both sold over 100K this year through internet buzz- and Drake just sold a free mixtape that was already out for quite some time lol! Being part of Slaughterhouse is not going to help Crooked sell solo albums, it might a little, but most casual fans (you know, the ones that actually buy the albums) still don't have any idea who Crooked I even is- sorry to say, but its the truth. Crooked and Treacherous have major marketing problems for themselves. It still shocks me that "Mr. Hip-Hip Weekly" STILL does not have his own fuckin website, maybe that would help. The Twitter and MySpace pages are cool, but a real site would help I imagine.

co-sign this all the way, it seems treacherous have no idea what theyre doing, if theyre doing anything at all...
Crooked does hav a website your on it right now lol! But true he needs to create a proper artist website like beyonce etc! Were we can buy merchandise etc!
(12-24-2009, 08:29 AM)DALJ link Wrote:Crooked does hav a website your on it right now lol! But true he needs to create a proper artist website like beyonce etc! Were we can buy merchandise etc!

You guys just tell me what you want on this site and we can make it happen. I just can't sell merchandise that doesn't exist though.

BTW: I have to ask... what constitutes a "real" site? I checked out that Beyonce site and don't see anything they have that we don't other than a little Flash.
exactly. effex's site is more real than any others. not many havethe community that we have, and no one has an effex!
(12-24-2009, 12:50 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:exactly. no one has an effex!

LOL!  8)