Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Premier Ranks Slaughterhouse In Top 20 Of 2009
FROM: http://hiphop-n-more.com/?s=DJ+Premier&s...ubmit.y=11

Quote:Premo always manages to spring a few surprises when it comes to picking his favorite albums of a particular year. Like every year, he has a brand new list for 2009 as well. And as always, a few biased picks where he was handling some part of the production.

20. DJ JS-1 - No SellOut
19. La Coka Nostra - A Brand You Can Trust
18. Method Man & Redman - Blackout 2
17. 50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct
16. M.O.P. - The Foundation
15. Ghostface Killah - Ghostdini: The Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City
14. KRS-One & BuckShot - Survival Skills
13. Saigon & Statik Selektah - All In A Day’s Work
12. Diamond District
11. Keith Murray and Canibus - The Undergods
10. Slaughterhouse
9. Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
8. Statik Selektah - the Pre Game EP
7. Marco Polo & Torae - Double Barrel
6. Royce da 5′9 - Street Hop
5. Obie Trice - Special Reserve
4. Masta Ace & Edo G - A&E
3. OC & AG - The Oasis
2. Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx II
1. Blaq Poet - The Blaqprint
FFS I wonder when we are going to see a Crooked album, it would make all of us so happy if it was in the top 5 at least! I bet he is trying to do what the game did and sell out his first album!
(01-03-2010, 02:46 PM)DALJ link Wrote:FFS I wonder when we are going to see a Crooked album, it would make all of us so happy if it was in the top 5 at least! I bet he is trying to do what the game did and sell out his first album!

What do you consider "selling out" though.
Out of these my fav album would have to be Blackout 2. Was really suprised how good that was.
(01-03-2010, 03:15 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=DALJ link=topic=2988.msg265658#msg265658 date=1262544367]
FFS I wonder when we are going to see a Crooked album, it would make all of us so happy if it was in the top 5 at least! I bet he is trying to do what the game did and sell out his first album!

What do you consider "selling out" though.
[/quote]

by selling out I mean all the copies of his album sold out from the shops!
(01-04-2010, 04:13 PM)DALJ link Wrote:by selling out I mean all the copies of his album sold out from the shops!

That happened with the SH release. They shipped .2 copies to every Best Buy and then a dozen fans couldn't buy it the day it dropped. Then the internet haters ragged on them for selling 30k even though the label didn't ship out enough copies.

My point: be careful what you wish for man. lol
(01-04-2010, 04:26 PM)anita_job link Wrote:[quote author=DALJ link=topic=2988.msg265727#msg265727 date=1262635993]
by selling out I mean all the copies of his album sold out from the shops!

That happened with the SH release. They shipped .2 copies to every Best Buy and then a dozen fans couldn't buy it the day it dropped. Then the internet haters ragged on them for selling 30k even though the label didn't ship out enough copies.

My point: be careful what you wish for man. lol
[/quote]

lol by this selling out I mean something like what happened to 2pac's 7 day theory! Loads of albums available for the fans but they get sold out because of 'Popularity'!
Ahh... I got you now.

BTW: I recently read that Slaughterhouse ended up selling somewhere around 44,000. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it sounds just about right.
(01-03-2010, 02:46 PM)DALJ link Wrote:FFS I wonder when we are going to see a Crooked album, it would make all of us so happy if it was in the top 5 at least! I bet he is trying to do what the game did and sell out his first album!

Crooked ain't no Game my dude......Game's buzz was near an all-time high, since Snoop Dogg on the west coast. G-unit was tearing it up and could do no wrong at that time. Game went gold his very first week over 500K were sold. I don't see any rap artist do that period anytime soon.

Anyway, where the fuck is the Kurupt/DJ Quick album??? That shhit was very good.
statik selektah baby!! hes so dope, i wish he would do a beat for slaughterhouse already....