Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaughterhouse Sales?
(01-13-2010, 01:36 PM)DALJ link Wrote:[quote author=bigradgeandy link=topic=3028.msg266125#msg266125 date=1263375620]
Is it 100k for gold? What's 50k?

50k is nothing lol! 1 million for platinum and over 10 million for diamond!
[/quote]

50K is really good for an independent album on Koch. I mean, mainstream artists are struggling to go gold with huge pushes. Barely anyone is doing platinum anymore and diamond... LOL, not happening in 2010.
(01-13-2010, 02:38 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:Bach did not get popular until after his death, now it would be practically impossible to find someone who did not know of him at least.

Who's Bach lol!
Johann Sebastian Bach. One of the most famous classical composers of all time? Basically people in his time "outcasted" him for being too radical, but really he was just ahead of his time and people could not understand it. I thought everyone knew who he was. I guarantee everyone has heard one of his pieces, they just may not make the connection. But my point with him was he did not get recognition until it was too late, but now he is perceived as a musical genius.
(01-13-2010, 06:33 PM)DALJ link Wrote:Who's Bach lol!

COB - Circle of Bachs.

Pay attention bro.
(01-13-2010, 02:38 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:It doesnt bother me that they may not have sold as much as someone like 50. They are still successful. I mean some of the big names get cents for each sale, and since they are indy they should be making more off the sale. The only downside would be splitting the money four ways, but its obvious they are not ALL about the money. Part of me thinks they may not get 100% of the recognition they deserve until its too late. That is the way of the true artist. Bach did not get popular until after his death, now it would be practically impossible to find someone who did not know of him at least.

That is true, a lot of artists don't get to see their own stardom. Death allows people to construct and analyse someone's life and work. Its also give people a brand-new appreciation for the artist as well. Michael Jackson's death last year is a perfect example of that. Once he died, people started to appreciate his life and music. Before his death he was nothing but a perpetual media joke that was an easy target for people to make fun of. Though, he lived to see his stardom in the 80s ands 90s.

Tupac Shakur's popularity soared when he died, and he was not even close to seeing his stardom or evening reaching half his potential. 
(01-14-2010, 10:59 AM)anita_job link Wrote:[quote author=DALJ link=topic=3028.msg266162#msg266162 date=1263421999]
Who's Bach lol!

COB - Circle of Bachs.

Pay attention bro.
[/quote]

lmfao
damn dal, you dont know who bach is?
(01-25-2010, 01:41 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:damn dal, you dont know who bach is?

MAYBE  :-X