Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I HipHopDX Interview - Talks Album, Benzino & More (01/07/10)

Quote:As we are now well into the New Year, Crooked I has recently started revealing his musical plans for 2010. In a brand new interview, The Boss of Long Beach explains how this year is focused strictly on music and positivity.

Recently, Crooked I spoke with the HipHopDX online magazine to discuss his debut album, upcoming European tour, tension with Benzino and much more. As everyone should know by now, Crooked I is gearing up to release his album Million Dollar Story in the coming months and until this point little information had been revealed. Crooked I has stated that fans can expect to hear brand new production from DJ Khalil, The Alchemist and possibly the legendary DJ Premier. Additionally, Crooked I is interested in working with an upcoming emcee named Quest aside from several other unconfirmed guests. While Crooked I did not officially announce a release date, he plans on completing half of the project before Slaughterhouse leaves for their European tour. The rest of the interview focuses on Crooked I's label C.O.B. Digital as well as Hip Hop beef and the infamous Benzino tension. Because we do not wish to steal HipHopDX's thunder, we encourage everyone to check out the interview in full by using the link included below. We can assure readers that they will find the interview extremely informative.

In other news, Crooked I recently sat down for a radio interview with HoodHype.com as well. In the event that you missed this interview, you will be able to download the recorded Podcast from iTunes within the coming days. Make sure to be on the look out for that interview as it covers some additional topics. In the mean time, please keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board for further updates regarding Crooked I.

Reference: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10...ier-collab
Cheers, decent interview. As much as I wanna hear a full LP, I hope he doesnt rush it, the quality has to be there.

What am I sayin?! Crooked to rush an album out?? LOL.

Cant wait for the possible Premo collab, and im sick of hearing about Benzino now.
(01-07-2010, 12:25 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:Cheers, decent interview. As much as I wanna hear a full LP, I hope he doesnt rush it, the quality has to be there.

What am I sayin?! Crooked to rush an album out?? LOL.

Cant wait for the possible Premo collab, and im sick of hearing about Benzino now.

LOL I was reading that first sentence thinking the same thing.  Seriously though, no way this drops this year.  A full album, in stores.....no way. 

I'm happy to hear what he has to say about Benzino though.  Keep it in the booth.  Sounds like if Benzino takes it to wax, Crooked will go in on him....in the name of competition lol....been a long time since I heard a good diss track! 
I mean... You could argue that they are biased, but Crooked's people are saying that the album is insane so far.

BTW: I have no doubt we'll see the album this year, it's only the beginning of January.
(01-07-2010, 01:07 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:I mean... You could argue that they are biased, but Crooked's people are saying that the album is insane so far.

BTW: I have no doubt we'll see the album this year, it's only the beginning of January.

Yeah from what the interview says it will be exactly what we've all hoped for.....you'll have to excuse my pessimism on it coming out this year lol...I look at it as he's about to go on tour, and when he comes back they're talking about a SH album in 2010, and to my knowledge Crooked doesn't have that perfect distribution deal that he REFUSES to release an album without.  And assuming they sign to that label everyone says (still hasn't  happened), there will be more pressure to get the SH project out.  Next thing you know it's December, and he's pushing it back to first qtr 2011.  I'd like nothing more than to be wrong, but history is not on our side.
Good to see him making good conections in the production world, seems SH has exposed him to the likes of premo, Alchemist, Khalil etc. Saw another post on this, and im pleased to see he is not just keeping in house, as good as his in house producers are.
(01-07-2010, 01:17 PM)Akademic link Wrote:[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=3013.msg265916#msg265916 date=1262884066]
I mean... You could argue that they are biased, but Crooked's people are saying that the album is insane so far.

you'll have to excuse my pessimism on it coming out this year lol...
[/quote]

Don't stress it man,  I know where you are coming from...
(01-07-2010, 01:25 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=Akademic link=topic=3013.msg265917#msg265917 date=1262884647]
[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=3013.msg265916#msg265916 date=1262884066]

you'll have to excuse my pessimism on it coming out this year lol...
[/quote]

Don't stress it man,  I know where you are coming from...
[/quote]

haha, yeah I know you do....man all that sounds awesome though.  Working with a lot of my favorite producers, plus I'm sure Gittum, and Komplex.  Love to hear him on an Alchemist track, on a beat made just for him to tear down!!
"Ah, man, I got a folder with some beats sent over to me from DJ Khalil. So, I’ma definitely go in with him. He’s one of my favorite producers right now. There’s some new kids out there and I make it my business to get with some of the new talent. There’s a kid named Quest out there who’s real hot. I’m gonna reach out to Alchemist. Then, I’ve talked to DJ Premier already so I wouldn’t be surprised if Premier has a few slappers on there, as well."

^This is the best info yet imo in regards to the album
what will happen to boss then? or group therapy will we ever see those? why cant he release boss before working on another album i mean whats the fucking point?