Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is a better MC Crooked I or Jay Electronica
Wassup COB's I've been goin thru a couple of hip hop joint and I got say J E shock me. His mixtapes hav a nice selection whn it comes to beats. Do u think his spit is as fire as Crooked? Jus ur opinion on the guy in terms of rhyming skills.
Can't say I've heard much of him.  Does he have a newer project out I can pick up somewhere?

I can say in terms of pure spit, I've never heard anyone even close to Crooked in skill....though there are more complete MCs out there (Royce for one)...my opinion of course. 
Search for the Victory mixtape.
ok, thanks.  I'll check it tonight
Might check that out too. Ive not heard much at all from him.

I definately think Crooked could improve, lyrically he is brilliant but there's other things he could improve. Song making, hooks, flow etc.

Guess the real test is when/if he puts out his new LP. Many will judge him on that i suppose.
I can't say I'm a Jay Electronica fan, but I've heard a couple joints from him. He's not a bad artist, at least he doesn't water down the content like most so-called "rappers" do these days.

With that being said, I still like Crooked's style more because it's a little more raw, a little more edgy. I'm not sure I could sit through an entire Electronica project, but he's definitely talented.
man please, what a question ist this? , are you serius ? LOL. Crooked will destroy electronia. okay jay got the rap skillz and all that , but his voice is for me annoying.

crooked is a monster about Rhyming, he was 8 when he touch the mic. crook has more experience about this stuff.
(01-13-2010, 03:01 PM)PublicEnemyNo2 link Wrote:Might check that out too. Ive not heard much at all from him.

I definately think Crooked could improve, lyrically he is brilliant but there's other things he could improve. Song making, hooks, flow etc.

Guess the real test is when/if he puts out his new LP. Many will judge him on that i suppose.

Flow??? Are you serious lol he's got like the best flow in the rap game at the moment. And in terms of song making capability just go back and listen to the 'Gangstas Cry' snippet that says it all lol! I know for a fact we haven't heard the best of crooked yet! Theres loads more to come.
(01-13-2010, 05:58 PM)DALJ link Wrote:[quote author=PublicEnemyNo2 link=topic=3040.msg266154#msg266154 date=1263409277]
Might check that out too. Ive not heard much at all from him.

Flow??? Are you serious lol he's got like the best flow in the rap game at the moment. And in terms of song making capability just go back and listen to the 'Gangstas Cry' snippet that says it all lol! I know for a fact we haven't heard the best of crooked yet! Theres loads more to come.
[/quote]

I happen to think that Crooked has one of the best flows in the game and to be honest with you that's what originally made me a flow. Sure, his lyrical content is mind blowing and I know that grabs most people's attention. However, back in the late 90s when I first heard him, his flow was light years ahead of the average emcee.
Crooked I is the most complete MC in the game right now.  He can go bar for bar with any MC out there and in terms of the flow, pff, his flow is crazy tight!  Maybe his content or subject matter could be a little bit more varied but never the less Crooked I is a beast! 

No one is coming close to Dominick Intriago right now.  No one.  8)