Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I - "So Close So Far (Freestyle)" (prod. by Statik Selektah)

Quote:Fresh off his European tour with the Slaughterhouse super-group, The Boss of Long Beach is back with another freestyle as he prepares to release his debut album Million Dollar Story.

Crooked I certainly was not lying when announcing that he is "back on my political g-shit". On the latest release from the West Coast giant, we find Crooked tackling a highly thought provoking instrumental produced by Statik Selektah. Crooked I's So Close, So Far offers listeners an alternative view into the social and political injustice that plagues the world we live in. After a single listen, fans and doubters alike will be left questioning why this California legend isn't considered Hip Hop's top emcee. We encourage everyone to check out this incredible track by using the download link or music player included below.

Several weeks ago, Crooked I appeared on the remix to Sally Anthony's So Long which covers similar topics. In the event that you have not heard that record, make certain to visit our "Music" archive and bless yourself with a classic record. In the mean time, please keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board for additional updates regarding Crooked I.

DOWNLOAD / STREAM: http://www.thebossboard.com/audio.php?sonid=196

--- --- ---

ORIGINAL POST:

New Crooked I (@TheRealCrookedI) "So Close So Far Freestyle" prod. by Statik Selektah (@StatikSelekt ) http://sharebee.com/74aadc66
He LITERALLY just finished recording this LOL
lol he tweeted it and I was like "gotta beat effex" haha

I didnt even listen to it, but I am now and its dope!!
(02-10-2010, 03:20 AM)Sleepy link Wrote:lol he tweeted it and I was like "gotta beat effex" haha

I didnt even listen to it, but I am now and its dope!!

LOL!

It's all good, I was just shocked to see it posted already. I was just finishing up another article waiting for it to drop.
another dope drop. And I'm feelin Crook's beat selection... grabbin somethin from Statik was unexpected.
(02-10-2010, 03:19 AM)EFFeX link Wrote:He LITERALLY just finished recording this LOL

Haha i love it when Crook does shit like that. Thats amazing how fast he got this done. I always respected Crookeds quickness in putting records together
This is heat
LOL. When he chose this beat I was amped. We put it out literally minutes after I put the final touches on it. I didnt do as many "drops" & "delays" cause I was too smooth already, I didnt want to interrupt the vibe. Glad everyone likes it!
(02-11-2010, 06:03 AM)iceman7270 link Wrote:LOL. When he chose this beat I was amped. We put it out literally minutes after I put the final touches on it. I didnt do as many "drops" & "delays" cause I was too smooth already, I didnt want to interrupt the vibe. Glad everyone likes it!

I think it worked out perfectly. The funny thing is that he said he was leaking it that night and I was like alright I got a few things to type up before it drops, so I went to get that out of the way and next thing I know it was up. I was like, "Damn, that dude Iceman works fast!" LMAO
Mannnn.. all I can say is C.O.B. Or Nothin!!
The General always shows  his genius!!