Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me where the Intriago part of Crooked's name comes from
I know where the Crooked comes from
(02-16-2010, 02:10 PM)D-91 link Wrote:I know where the Crooked comes from

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is just a mobster nickname. Nas used Escobar, Biggie used Frank White, etc. Charles Intriago was an expert money launderer with connections to the Mexican drug cartel. You can just google his name to learn more about him. There could be a more personal meaning to Crook about it, maybe someone called him that, but this was just my take on it.
I'm pretty sure his godfather's name is Intriago
(02-16-2010, 03:17 PM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:[quote author=D-91 link=topic=3282.msg267835#msg267835 date=1266343839]

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is just a mobster nickname. Nas used Escobar, Biggie used Frank White, etc. Charles Intriago was an expert money launderer with connections to the Mexican drug cartel. You can just google his name to learn more about him. There could be a more personal meaning to Crook about it, maybe someone called him that, but this was just my take on it.
[/quote]

I thought this was it because in an interview, HSG said that they got all their last names from mobster names, and thats why all there last names have mob histories
thats what id have guessed aswell
(02-16-2010, 02:10 PM)D-91 link Wrote:I know where the Crooked comes from

then please tell me, cuz i don't know where it comes from
(02-17-2010, 09:38 PM)jin link Wrote:[quote author=D-91 link=topic=3282.msg267835#msg267835 date=1266343839]

then please tell me, cuz i don't know where it comes from
[/quote]

The Crooked part comes from his childhood he would do shit and his big bro would get in trouble and his brother would say he was crooked and keep calling him it so it stuck
Intriago is his godfather's name, and his brothers would call him Intriago either because he looks like his godfather or acted like him, I can't remember. Like D-91 said, he was always into some shit as a kid so they would call him Crooked, and eventually Crooked I for short, and it stuck.
(02-18-2010, 02:17 AM)TU Times link Wrote:Intriago is his godfather's name, and his brothers would call him Intriago either because he looks like his godfather or acted like him, I can't remember. Like D-91 said, he was always into some shit as a kid so they would call him Crooked, and eventually Crooked I for short, and it stuck.

Yeah, I'm trying to pinpoint the interview he said this in.
(02-18-2010, 08:24 AM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=TU Times link=topic=3282.msg267963#msg267963 date=1266473870]
Intriago is his godfather's name, and his brothers would call him Intriago either because he looks like his godfather or acted like him, I can't remember. Like D-91 said, he was always into some shit as a kid so they would call him Crooked, and eventually Crooked I for short, and it stuck.

Yeah, I'm trying to pinpoint the interview he said this in.
[/quote]

Im sure its in the Hip Hop Game interview EFFeX