Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will HHW supposedly start again?
not a whole year. no...
(12-28-2008, 11:44 PM)Carter link Wrote: not a whole year. no...

A whole year is fine with me as long as his other projects don't revolve around it. For example, I don't want him to mark the last week with an album. He should drop stuff throughout the weeklies as well. He broke things up a little bit with St. Valentine's Day Bossacre last time, but I really don't want to wait until the end of HHW for BOSS.
(12-28-2008, 11:44 PM)Carter link Wrote: not a whole year. no...

I kinda feel like if he doesn't go for a year, people are gonna look at it almost as a failure, Like he's not capable of going for that long again. Not the fans of course but the everyday ignorant hip hop fan.

And like EFFeX said, as long as it doesn't take away from his other projects, I don't really care how long he goes for.
(12-29-2008, 10:45 AM)alphabet link Wrote: I kinda feel like if he doesn't go for a year, people are gonna look at it almost as a failure, Like he's not capable of going for that long again. Not the fans of course but the everyday ignorant hip hop fan.

And like EFFeX said, as long as it doesn't take away from his other projects, I don't really care how long he goes for.

This is a great point. To me HHW was so great, so successful and so special that nothing, not even a repeat could come close to achieving the success of the original. Sometimes things should just be left untouched.
(12-29-2008, 05:53 PM)4 link Wrote: [quote author=alphabet link=topic=47.msg345#msg345 date=1230561949]
I kinda feel like if he doesn't go for a year, people are gonna look at it almost as a failure, Like he's not capable of going for that long again. Not the fans of course but the everyday ignorant hip hop fan.

This is a great point. To me HHW was so great, so successful and so special that nothing, not even a repeat could come close to achieving the success of the original. Sometimes things should just be left untouched.
[/quote]

People have been looking at crooked i as a failure using the 10+ years = no albums as the common denominator. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he don't. People will always have words to say. But I do agree.

As for topping the original, maybe not.  He did misss a whole lot of great beats.  TThereas doc members saying they wanted to see HHW evolve, how so? i'm not too sure.  Have special guests? or even have the original artists spit new verse for an old beat with crook.( kinda like The Joe Budden and Jay-Z Pump it up freestyle).
He could do it live. or something. Have like a weekly poll on myspace/D.O.C. let people vote what beat he should use, subject matter, etc.

(12-30-2008, 12:55 AM)Carter link Wrote: [quote author=4 link=topic=47.msg350#msg350 date=1230587599]
[quote author=alphabet link=topic=47.msg345#msg345 date=1230561949]

[/quote]

People have been looking at crooked i as a failure using the 10+ years = no albums as the common denominator. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he don't. People will always have words to say. But I do agree.

As for topping the original, maybe not.  He did misss a whole lot of great beats.   TThereas doc members saying they wanted to see HHW evolve, how so? i'm not too sure.  Have special guests? or even have the original artists spit new verse for an old beat with crook.( kinda like The Joe Budden and Jay-Z Pump it up freestyle).
He could do it live. or something. Have like a weekly poll on myspace/D.O.C. let people vote what beat he should use, subject matter, etc.

[/quote]

I totally agree.

I think that he should switch things up from time to time. Maybe once a month use a totally original beat. As far as guest appearances go, I wouldn't go TOO far with that. Just because I know how it killed some of his Block Obama tracks for me personally. If anyone is going to feature, I say keep it COB and in the crew. Fan interaction is a must. He should continue the shout outs, but trim them down a little bit, sometimes 2 minutes of shout outs got a little intense. Some kind of polling system would be great, but I think he did a good job of getting to beats by request last time around. I know I requested a couple and they came pretty much the next week... not sure if that was coincidence, LOL.

However he does it I can't wait, HHW gave me sometime to look forward to each week. Hip Hop is so stale these days there's just nothing out there anymore. Crook going to change things up again.
I would love to see him go over a Lupe Fiasco beat.. something like Dumb it Down or Little Weapon or The Die...