Dream Big (Remix)
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Block Obama II Song?
just listened to this tape again, and i must say the dream big remix is pretty dope
(01-23-2009, 10:30 PM)conqueso34 link Wrote: just listened to this tape again, and i must say the dream big remix is pretty dope

It's grown on me, I didn't like it so much at first, but it's really not bad at all.
American Me was my favorite song of his on that..
Ya it's actually pretty good (Dream Big) but actually I'm gonna have to change what I said to American Me... Got kinda tired of bangin' can I talk to you but not that.
Nuttin can beat "Can I Talk To You" on this project, that shit is deep.
circle gang anthem. the beat is off the hook and crooks first verse is sublime.

Give me dead presidents it's like a cemetery in my pocket, It's like i got green obituaries in my wallet
None of them really, although every now and then I don't mind listening to Do It Like Me just because the beat is cool. I don't know how you guys can like American Me so much? The beat is horrible and the hook is worse. The lyrics are decent but it still doesn't do anything for me. Maybe because I keep comparing it to songs off Nas' Untitled album, which make's American Me seem a lot worse.
Man, honestly although I liked it alot at first and Nas is one of my favorites of all time, I don't think Untitled can compete with Crooked (no disrespect). There were some really amazing songs and any criticisms I'm saying are all intended at a high level but lyrically some of the songs weren't that great imo. Like he had some great beats, ie. Hero, that he didn't do much with. I thought Crooked's version was alot better even though he probably put almost no effort into it.

I'm surprised you mention Do It Like Me and not some of the other songs since that isn't the most common choice as a favorite. Are you paying attention to the lyrics and all that or putting too much emphasis on beats? The artist isn't the one producing the beats (for the most part) so honestly I respect producers as producers and artists for their lyrics and content.
Well obviously Hero was intended to be a commercial single so you couldn't expect Nas to be overly lyrical, although he still did his thing, and was a lot better than Crooked I's little freestyle over the beat.

"I don't think Untitled can compete with Crooked"

I don't really get what you mean by that? Crooked I is an artist and Untitled is an album, an extremely good one too.

Being a Crooked I fan, obviously I pay a lot of attention to the lyrics, but the reason I said "Do It Like Me" was probably my favorite was because in my opinion, Crooked I disappointed lyrically on BOII. Mix that with mediocre/terrible beats and you have the reason I didn't like the tape.

"The artist isn't the one producing the beats (for the most part) so honestly I respect producers as producers and artists for their lyrics and content."

Yea obviously, but the artist still picks the beats, they don't just pick them out of a hat. So if you have a wack beat on your album or mixtape, I'm blaming you not the producer.
I really meant any recent Nas releases even his great tracks and I'm one of his biggest fans; Crooked has just evolved way too much but I don't wanna compare two great artists one of which is one of the greatest vets and the other who hasn't dropped an album yet so I probably shouldn't have made that album to artist comparison.

I understand what you mean by the beat thing but I don't put as much of an emphasis on that as I do with lyrics unless they are really whack.