Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So we're getting Gangstas Cry, what's next?
(07-22-2010, 04:08 PM)anita_job link Wrote:He should put one B.O.S.S. track as a bonus on every Crooked I and SH release that comes out for the next few years.

That would be a way to do it as well.

Because the Boss album had evolved so much over the years, I'm not sure what version it would appear in, but I have a feeling that one day at least ONE version of it will surface.

Until that time, I'm content with the music that Crook's putting out. There's certainly no shortage of hot tracks.

So what's the story behind B.O.S.S? Old Death Row tracks that never got around to being released and he's leaking them now?
(07-22-2010, 04:57 PM)iKingD22 link Wrote:So what's the story behind B.O.S.S? Old Death Row tracks that never got around to being released and he's leaking them now?

Na, no Death Row material.

Boss (aka Boss Music) is Crooked I's unreleased album that he recorded after leaving Death Row Records. He started recording it when he started his own label Dynasty Entertainment and linked up with Treacherous Records. The album went through a bunch of revisions and unfortunately was never released and eventually put to the side.

Now that Crooked has gotten notoriety through Slaughterhouse, etc he went back and started recording a new debut album.
Ha those songs are a good selling point. Add album quality tracks as a bonus and it only helps.
(07-22-2010, 05:04 PM)iKingD22 link Wrote:Ha those songs are a good selling point. Add album quality tracks as a bonus and it only helps.

Most definitely...

We've heard a lot of songs that were meant for the original Boss Music that have leaked out over the years as of recently Crooked leaked some of the project on the Planet COB site. However, there's still a decent collection from those sessions that haven't leaked yet. A lot of people forget that Crooked lives in the studio pretty much, the "vault" is pretty deep, LOL.
(07-22-2010, 03:30 PM)Bones_COB link Wrote:[quote author=509 Finest link=topic=4103.msg274868#msg274868 date=1279822849]
[quote author=JohnnyL link=topic=4103.msg274860#msg274860 date=1279817689]
  I just want to get the rest of "B.O.S.S." and sooner rather than later.  I don't really mind that he went back on the whole free download thing and put "Gangstas Cry" on a paid project.  I was planning on buying "Planet C.O.B." anyway, so that was fine with me.  I just wish he'd go ahead and make the rest of "B.O.S.S." available soon.  Even if he decided to charge for the rest of the tracks.  I wouldn't mind.  It's just that it's been years now, and I think most people would like to finally get to hear it in its entirety.

Agreed. I just want to hear B.O.S.S. and i would do anything to hear that Group Therapy project, i will never understand why he left that in the vaults.
[/quote]

I Believe that Group Therapy is in King Techs hands now but I'm not 100% sure. I did get the chance to hear a couple tracks off GT and they were fucking FIRE!!!!! so I'm definitely waiting for this to drop too.
[/quote]

I didnt know that King Tech had it, does that mean at some point it will be released or is that just wisheful thinking?
Boss and A Gangsta, I wanna hear that. And what's the name of the song G. Malone mentioned in one if his interviews when asked about Crooked I's Hip-Hop Weekly back in the day? I wanna hear that one too.
The song G Malone mentioned the title had something to do with Long Beach like "this is Long Beach" or something like that i cant remember exactly
(07-22-2010, 07:29 PM)Dimos link Wrote:Boss and A Gangsta, I wanna hear that. And what's the name of the song G. Malone mentioned in one if his interviews when asked about Crooked I's Hip-Hop Weekly back in the day? I wanna hear that one too.

I believe you're referring to "This Is Long Beach" which ended up leaking later on with as a Young Hustle song with a feature from Knoc-Turn'al. The song was originally Crooked's song.

Would that be the one you meant?
Boss & a Gangsta