Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Crooked i release an album in 09'... ? your thoughts...
was good ppl, lets get this forum poppin...  ;D

so the question is Will Crooked i release an album in 09'... ?

imo i think he has learnt a lot and will provide the ppl a classic album, he can have a lot goin workin with slaughter house etc, so im thinkin optimistic...

your thoughts?
I think that with the amount of music that he dropped in '08, with Block Obama II being the finale things should certainly pick up. I think that digital distribution deal was a good idea, because it gave them an idea of how many units he could move with zero promotion. So, hopefully with a heavy ad campaign and proper distribution he could make some moves. I think that '09 is pretty much the last chance though, although we say that every year.
I think theres a question like this every year... Im hopin so but not gonna hold my breath
I think it would be a good idea to release an EP or something on itunes post the death of the other board.  Just to ensure he still moves the same amount of units.
(12-20-2008, 03:42 PM)MachismoX link Wrote: I think it would be a good idea to release an EP or something on itunes post the death of the other board.  Just to ensure he still moves the same amount of units.

Your right, either an official single or EP, because without the major site anymore casual fans are going to be confused.
Everything I've seen over the past 4 years points to no. Crooked I not release and album. Ever.

He's been looking for a distribution deal for over 2 years now, has had offers on the table, but is still no closer to an album than before.

He probably had a better chance of releasing an album on Death Row.

Crooked I clearly has no business sense whatsoever despite his claims in every video and interview these days of "soaking up game from Kevin Liles, Lyor Cohen etc) and for anyone to expect that to change in the next couple of months are quite frankly deluded.
I have to go with no, simply based on history.  No need for an explaination.....would love to be wrong though
1 thing i didn´t understand,why crooked closed dynastyentgroup because he want´s to search for an distribution deal? is it cause this forum was a bad light for crooked ? cause A&R´s lookin at shit like that. ???
(12-22-2008, 04:12 PM)ferhat link Wrote: 1 thing i didn´t understand,why crooked closed dynastyentgroup because he want´s to search for an distribution deal? is it cause this forum was a bad light for crooked ? cause A&R´s lookin at shit like that. ???

I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if any controversial posts or bickering could turn off A&R's who knows. However, this is Hip Hop and sometimes that comes with the territory, LOL. I'm trying to keep this forum positive though if that was indeed the case, because I thought of that too. Either way, I think that the 6000+ fans on the D.O.C. spoke volumes. I don't think it was a bad look at all. We'll have to wait and see if they have something "official" on the drawing boards.
slaughterhouse should comeout then  he should drop boss n then his retail album, hope he has one ready to go