Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Thread (02/22/11)
I just commited the crime of downloading it....nothing special. I liked Cocaine and half of the other tracks, we have already heard like Call me, Night Train, Sing like Bilal etc.....

Anyways I really do feel bad for Joell too. An album always means hardwork and it sucks that it had to leak soooo early like this which totally fucks up any chance of him making any money off of it. FUCK YOU AMAZON AND FUCK YOU E1. W.e im glad that he is finally released from e1, he probably just had to do this album as part of his finishing project with e1 and then we onto SHADY BABY !
Just checked the album , nice shit from Joell, but definitely not his best material. Guess we still have to wait for his official debut. Considering this is the album he gave e1 so they can let him go, its all good.

ps. COCAINE is  :o :o :o AMAZING!
somebody wanna pm me the link please??
Technically, you can't blame Amazon for this at all.

The date that was provided was Nov. 30th for the release. The MP3s were already uploaded to Amazon previous to that date. That's why the snippets were up. Someone from E1, forgot to contact Amazon to change the date. So, Amazon's site automatically enabled the download purchase for yesterday. Amazon doesn't follow Joell, they have no idea if his project was pushed back.

Someone should have been monitoring this... smh. This happened to Lil Wayne before too.
(12-01-2010, 02:43 AM)C Oh Boy link Wrote:Just got word Amazon selling Free Agent album 3 months early. SMH... E1 strikes again. Hope yall enjoy.
about 14 hours ago via web

Amazon fucked up. I feel bad for Joell man, this was his debut album and now it's ruined completely. 3 Months early? What a huge fucking mistake by Amazon. There are links to the album floating around, enjoy it but support Joell when it becomes available.

No it wasn't. "The Brick: Bodega Chronicles" was his debut album.
Shit sounds like a badly cut up mixtape
if tis ready why push it back?
Didn't Ortiz announce the release date for this as being Feb/March 2010 back in tracks he made in late 2009? Did it really get pushed back a whole year?

As for Amazon, he (or he and EI) should sue them. You can't legally release copyrighted material before a contractually agreed upon date.
(01-04-2011, 11:23 AM)anita_job link Wrote:Didn't Ortiz announce the release date for this as being Feb/March 2010 back in tracks he made in late 2009? Did it really get pushed back a whole year?

As for Amazon, he (or he and EI) should sue them. You can't legally release copyrighted material before a contractually agreed upon date.

The problem is that the release date (before it was pushed back) was already locked into the Amazon system. It automatically became available for purchase on that day. It would appear that no one changed the date with Amazon. It's definitely unfortunate the way things turned out, but I don't believe that legal action could be taken. Of course I could be wrong...
Same thing happened with that rubbish Wayne rock album didnt it