Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Thread (02/22/11)
(01-05-2011, 01:12 AM)Makaveli link Wrote:Same thing happened with that rubbish Wayne rock album didnt it

Yeah.

It happened to Crooked I with Pig Face Weapon Waist too, but a little differently. When Amazon put the snippets online, they accidentally enabled it for purchase. SMH
(01-05-2011, 12:25 AM)EFFeX link Wrote:The problem is that the release date (before it was pushed back) was already locked into the Amazon system. It automatically became available for purchase on that day. It would appear that no one changed the date with Amazon. It's definitely unfortunate the way things turned out, but I don't believe that legal action could be taken. Of course I could be wrong...

Then it depends on the text of the agreement. I'm not sure how they incorporate the possibility of pushbacks in legal terms.
is joell still releasing this in feb since it got leaked months ago or will it have new trakcs on it???
He's not promoting the album... At all. As opposed to Crook who is pushing Million Dollar Story and that's coming out later.
I dont think he really cares anymore since it was his release project from E1 and its all about shady from here on. Shame Amazon had to fuck it up for him tho.
I'm not even sure anymore, I doubt it's officially dropping now...
Amazon has it listed as a February 22nd release.
yeah this shit leaked months ago and he took forever to release this shit anyway kept pushign it back so watever
(02-10-2011, 04:40 PM)OttawaCOB link Wrote:I dont think he really cares anymore since it was his release project from E1 and its all about shady from here on. Shame Amazon had to fuck it up for him tho.

I was right after all lol.

Joell just tweeted:

"JoellOrtiz
if you want to buy the cd on tues cool. If you dont thats cool too. either way im out and e1 never pays royalties anyway."

Such a real dude. He aint out there claiming he sold 100k units via paypal and shit, hes being straight up real about the fact
It's funny cause Ortiz is expecting it to flop. Ah well, it's Shady now!