Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Speaks On B.O.S.S. Download
Not surprising, but none the less still disappointing.

I knew if he did release it, it would be a track at a time. This can only work with tracks that grab your attention immediately and pull you in, which over the course of an album will only be a handful. A album should be a mix of different styles and sounds spread out over a hour, some of the best tracks on albums I like have taken several spins to get used to and have out lasted other tracks I took an early shine to. Releasing it track by track might mean that there are several tracks that are over looked by many people.

I might just have to try and hang on till they are all available then burn it to CD, although I know that's gonna be pretty much impossible!
Didn't crook realize that BO was a flop a track at a time, remember wen welcome to my city dropped i loved dat track, but by da time da next leak dropped i had played it like 150 times n was boring. None the less i just wanna hear new crook & slaughterhouse music, i wanna see slaughterhouse just destroyin these wack mc's!!! any1 nowhere u can get dem C.O.B t-shirts from?
I think crooked is still stuck in the hiphopweekly state of mind, where the fans would be excited and anticipating a new freestyle every week.

however,

i think when it comes to the album,this method wont work well,the album would have a bigger impact if it were released as a full album right away.

i still think the "boss as a free download" discussion we had is the best way to go

crooked can still drop all the songs at once and have the commentary and a full website dedicated to B.O.S.S.
So, I guess B.O.S.S. is the new Hip Hop Weekly, huh?
EFFeX did you ever send those comment's from that 'Drop Crook A Shout Out' thread? Because I think you need to do the same with this thread.
(03-03-2009, 11:40 AM)alphabet link Wrote: EFFeX did you ever send those comment's from that 'Drop Crook A Shout Out' thread? Because I think you need to do the same with this thread.

Yeah I sent them through, but I expect Crook to be busy and a little overwhelmed with everything going on so I'm not really expecting a response anytime soon.

Believe me, Crooked knows people feel this way about BOSS, but he seems to be stuck to wanting to do it his way.
(03-03-2009, 11:47 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: but he seems to be stuck to wanting to do it his way.

lol I wonder how many fuck ups it's going to take before Crooked realizes that his way just doesn't work.

I know you already know this, but at least if he dropped it all at once the fans would be able to create a big deal about it and potentially build up a very large buzz. Instead he's going to do it this way, there will be some hype for a couple weeks, then by the end of it the album and Crooked I are just going to be a laughing stock, not dissimilar to what happened with BO1.
I agree I am very disappointed to hear he is taking this stance and releasing them week after week but it is what it is I suppose

Am rather disappointed to hear HHW really isn't coming back(at least I would agree this sounds like what hhw coming back sounds like) But it is what it is I suppose, when does an artist listen to their core fan base
 Defective Crooked I Robot
I think it's fine, it gives the hardcore fans a chance to discuss each track.

It will be all put together at the end when it's done releasing and will be heard by the masses.

I don't care either way.
(03-03-2009, 03:42 PM)IM SO HOOOOOOOD link Wrote: I think it's fine, it gives the hardcore fans a chance to discuss each track.

It will be all put together at the end when it's done releasing and will be heard by the masses.

I don't care either way.

Yeah, I just hope it's more organized than Block Obama 1 though. Those tracks were never in the right order and released too far apart.