Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Speaks On B.O.S.S. Download
because as fans we would rather pay, OR its very very gay giving us 1 track, of an album we have waited for about 15 years to hear, and tease us, and then get nothing else
The other problem is if it doesn't come week after week, when weeks start getting skipped it kinda takes away from the anticipation of getting a track a week cause then your not sure the next one will come and you end up getting a track randomly a week, as far as I'm aware that was another thing wrong with BO they didn't come out on a certain day and sometimes missed weeks, so it ended up feeling like a bunch of crook songs dropped

If Boss is coming out a track at a time it needs to be like each Friday, before a certain time and never miss a week, and at the end he should release the album as a whole with 3 "bonus" tracks, so the fans who followed it week by week still get that anticipation for the release of the full album at the end of the leaks
 Defective Crooked I Robot
(05-31-2009, 02:18 PM)ehbunner link Wrote: at the end he should release the album as a whole with 3 "bonus" tracks

Agreed. The whole once-a-week theme bothers me a lot, but at least if we can get a package at the end with some extra joints it'll be sort of worth it.
It would be a real embarrassment to have had the success of the HHW series and then can't get 12 BOSS songs released in a timely manner.  Releasing one song a week is a stupid strategy for that product anyways.  He's sadly mistaken if he thinks that approach is going to earn him the same hype the HHW got.  All the fumbling and screwing up has become the norm for his camp..  What _would_ surprise me is somebody making a smart decision and actually following through with it over there.
(06-02-2009, 01:53 AM)ITS OFFICIAL link Wrote: It would be a real embarrassment to have had the success of the HHW series and then can't get 12 BOSS songs released in a timely manner.  Releasing one song a week is a stupid strategy for that product anyways.  He's sadly mistaken if he thinks that approach is going to earn him the same hype the HHW got.  All the fumbling and screwing up has become the norm for his camp..  What _would_ surprise me is somebody making a smart decision and actually following through with it over there.

Who even knows if it's still one track at a time now that he made his announcement that BOSS is pushed back till 1st quarter 2010.
(06-02-2009, 02:13 AM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=ITS OFFICIAL link=topic=492.msg256004#msg256004 date=1243922031]
It would be a real embarrassment to have had the success of the HHW series and then can't get 12 BOSS songs released in a timely manner.  Releasing one song a week is a stupid strategy for that product anyways.  He's sadly mistaken if he thinks that approach is going to earn him the same hype the HHW got.  All the fumbling and screwing up has become the norm for his camp..  What _would_ surprise me is somebody making a smart decision and actually following through with it over there.

Who even knows if it's still one track at a time now that he made his announcement that BOSS is pushed back till 1st quarter 2010.
[/quote]
And to think, just a few weeks ago he was swearing up & down it's going to be summer 2009 "for sure, without a doubt".  No point in beating a dead horse though.  It's not like he has any credibility in what he says anymore -- or for some time now for that matter.  Not like that's anything new.  :-\
(06-02-2009, 10:24 AM)ITS OFFICIAL link Wrote: [quote author=EFFeX link=topic=492.msg256006#msg256006 date=1243923222]
[quote author=ITS OFFICIAL link=topic=492.msg256004#msg256004 date=1243922031]

[/quote]
And to think, just a few weeks ago he was swearing up & down it's going to be summer 2009 "for sure, without a doubt".  No point in beating a dead horse though.  It's not like he has any credibility in what he says anymore -- or for some time now for that matter.  Not like that's anything new.  :-\
[/quote]

I'm not even going to front, it is really disappointing news, especially considering it's only June. I know he said, "Fans should be satisfied with Slaughterhouse, The EP and Group Therapy" for the rest of the year. You know, I mean, he's got a good point. On the other hand all of this isn't nothing compared to the solo project. That's what we really want and have been waiting on. That's the most important project.
(06-02-2009, 12:25 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=ITS OFFICIAL link=topic=492.msg256020#msg256020 date=1243952661]
[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=492.msg256006#msg256006 date=1243923222]
[quote author=ITS OFFICIAL link=topic=492.msg256004#msg256004 date=1243922031]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm not even going to front, it is really disappointing news, especially considering it's only June. I know he said, "Fans should be satisfied with Slaughterhouse, The EP and Group Therapy" for the rest of the year. You know, I mean, he's got a good point. On the other hand all of this isn't nothing compared to the solo project. That's what we really want and have been waiting on. That's the most important project.
[/quote]

I totally agree.  To be honest, I don't really care about the mentioned releases.  Even further, unless any of them blow my socks off I don't even plan to buy+support them.  I have to keep it real man, when I no longer feel good about blindly supporting anything an artist does, I quit doing it.  Unfortunately I've reached that point with Crooked I as much as I hate to say it.  My line of credit with artists only goes so far -- when they fail to prove themselves then from that point on they have to earn every penny I throw their way.

I really wish it hadn't come to that but it is what it is.  We all make our own beds.....
its really disappointing! while i am looking forward to slaughterhouse, but not nearly as much as a solo crooked. I mean its almost like fuck this shit, but i will still support this dude, cause in my opinion he is the greatest rapper alive right now
While its massively disappointing, my attention has been with SH for the best part of the year so far. People may think that this SH project has pushed the BOSS album back, but has it really? We would be still waiting. I thank god for Slaughterhouse as now we can finally get to hear some retail, in the record store, music from Crook - as well as 3 other top MC's as a massive bonus.