Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I became a fan of ___ because of Slaughterhouse
Saw a thread like this on Budden's site and thought it was interesting.  Basically, is there anyone in Slaughterhouse you really didn't mess with, or look for until hearing them in Slaughterhouse.  but now are a fan of???

For me, it has to be Joell.  Had heard maybe 2 songs of his before Slaughterhouse.  I've been real impressed how he holds his own with them and have really turned into a fan of his.  The other 3 were already my personal top 3
It was crazy cuz these four were my fav, n wen i heard the rumors n den saw the pow wow vids i thought i was dreamin! still Crook my fav by a mile! Crook winning so far on da tracks in my opinion. wat u lot think?
Joell Ortiz, Crooked I and Royce were all in my top 5 back when Slaughterhouse was just a hip hop fans wet dream (pause, no homo etc.) but I'd never been a big Budden fan, I'm still not and don't think I ever will be. To be honest I think he's one of the most overrated rappers ever lol, but hes still nice no doubt.

And yeah I remember watching those 'pow wow' videos like  :o :o :o
i used to only like Joell Ortiz cuz Royce and budden always came off as too cocky but either its a humble experience to be in the booth with such talent or its all a front either way i was most impressed with Royce that's an MC right there i really liked budden to so yea i was exposed!
(03-04-2009, 10:14 AM)alphabet link Wrote: Joell Ortiz, Crooked I and Royce were all in my top 5 back when Slaughterhouse was just a hip hop fans wet dream (pause, no homo etc.) but I'd never been a big Budden fan, I'm still not and don't think I ever will be. To be honest I think he's one of the most overrated rappers ever lol, but hes still nice no doubt.

And yeah I remember watching those 'pow wow' videos like  :o :o :o

Yeah Joey isn't for everybody I've learned.  I was a huge Budden and Crooked fan, and when this went down I was just getting into royce heavy (pause)....Funny how everyone seemed to be a fan of at least 2 or 3 members.  Real recognize real...
Joey has got a different style it grows on you tho alot of his bars flow other your head aswell, does anyone listen to Nino bless he dropped is latest mixtape 'The Latin Marksman' n is fire his wordplay is Krazy, only didnt make it because he hasnt proved himself yet but he is nice!

Anyone able to come along to AMSTERDAM ON THE APRIL 1ST where its the WESTCOAST FESTIVAL: live on stage ICE CUBE - XZIBIT - E-40 - DOGG POUND - WC - DJ MUGGS at the Heineken Music Hall
Heard Crooked I: At the start of hip-hop weekly.
Heard Royce: Bar Exam 2
Heard Joey with MM3
Joell is new to me, seen his video on BET one day though.
joell!
for me its got to be joell, only heard of little things like him being on aftermath never really checked out his music

royce: ive been a fan heavily for awhile
crooked: been a while too
buddens: liked some of his shit

(03-04-2009, 09:46 PM)JDynasty link Wrote: Joey has got a different style it grows on you tho alot of his bars flow other your head aswell, does anyone listen to Nino bless he dropped is latest mixtape 'The Latin Marksman' n is fire his wordplay is Krazy, only didnt make it because he hasnt proved himself yet but he is nice!

Anyone able to come along to AMSTERDAM ON THE APRIL 1ST where its the WESTCOAST FESTIVAL: live on stage ICE CUBE - XZIBIT - E-40 - DOGG POUND - WC - DJ MUGGS at the Heineken Music Hall

That sounds mental, Im honestly looking into going over there for a few days just for that. I live in UK, Im looking on web and they say its the FIRST west coast festival so Im hopeful theres one here in England! What a line up....