Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I became a fan of ___ because of Slaughterhouse
Im going to be honest here I only really was a fan of Royce prior to the Group forming I obviously had heard Pump It Up and I had heard of Crooked and Joell but hadn't bothered to listen to them but now Crooked and Budden is in my top 5 and Royce and Joell are high in my list too but I have heard like almost all of the fours materliel especially Crooked and Buddens
Wow... This thread is definitely a blast from the past, LoL...

Anyway, for me it was definitely Ortiz. Although I knew about him before Slaughterhouse I honestly didn't check for him that much.

Of course, I'm a big fan of his today.
Yeah I thought this was a new thread then I realised I had commented but couldnt remember!

For me it Joe Budden, I couldnt be a bigger fan at the moment. I never really checked for him, but he's up there with my fav all time artists right now.
All of them but Crook, now i got every Joe Budden song and every Joell song, still not a huge fan of Royce but im really feelin' the Bar Exams and Death Is Certain, definetly introduced me to some fantastic music though
never got into hiphop till i got into crooked.

so i hadnt heard of budden, i had heard pump it up, just never knew who did it, and never heard of royce.

but thruogh SH i became a big fan of joell. and royce has grown on me. cant stand buddens though.
Royce and Crook I've been fans of for years, and Joell's Brick Bodega Chronicles is a classic but I like a lot of Joe's stuff that he's been doin lately...

Pump it Up was the only track I was familiar with from playin one of the old NBA Street video games (lol), and the last I remember hearing of him was Game's diss at him over the colors beat... I really wasn't feelin him too much on the first few SH leaks but he's grown on me a lot after soaking a lot of his recent solo material.  His darker more introspective tracks I think are what I like the most.

(03-08-2010, 08:36 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote: never got into hiphop till i got into crooked.

so i hadnt heard of budden, i had heard pump it up, just never knew who did it, and never heard of royce.

but thruogh SH i became a big fan of joell. and royce has grown on me. cant stand buddens though.

Damn Budden is prolly my second rapper right now. He's got that deep personal stuff, i dont see how someone couldnt like that..
for me its Royce and Ortiz and thank God that Slaughterhouse did form b/c i would have missed out on a lot of good music and awesome talent. And for 509 Finest...its probably b/c hes talks too much but i still like him and his music a lot.
(03-08-2010, 11:07 PM)101dhs link Wrote: for me its Royce and Ortiz and thank God that Slaughterhouse did form b/c i would have missed out on a lot of good music and awesome talent. And for 509 Finest...its probably b/c hes talks too much but i still like him and his music a lot.

I feel that, he is extremely cocky and the Ustream shit is kinda lame cuz he does it all the time. but just musically his music is amazing
cant stand his voice when rapping. its not concise enough. when i can understand him i do liek what he speaks of. hes very deep and emotional, and love the stories he tells, but his voice gets int eh way.

hate how he doubles his voice up.