Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realization
After listening to the new single off Million Dollar Story I'm no longer going to lying to myself. As far lyrics go he is untouchable and none is better to me, but as far music from a advertising and marketing standpoint he is poor. Before you judge me hear me out. I met him twice and even been on a track with him sneekly (Boom boom clap intro..dude going nuts...lol) I've come conclusion his best work is when he has others making decsion on beats and hooks n business similiar to the SH album...where he focuses on the lyrics...he sounds amazing to me regardless of who he with...I hope this shady deal is for real...i think then he will have the right team to exploit his strenghths..which is rippin the beat to shreds...
Exactly my thoughts too homie !

His marketing is very very poor and I don't know if its whether he doesn't care about getting money or he is just too lazy to focus on marketing or its his manager or whomever works alongside him to take care of the marketing is crap or not.

I swear to god, half the shit he has released in the past year is 10000000x way better than more than 3/4 of these shit albums from various artists that we got in the past year. He can seriously go far with his material but he lacks in that area and that area only.

That's why I also simply cannot wait until shady. Because Eminem knows exactly all the dam potential these guys have and he wants to use it to his advantage to make money and also because of the fact that only these guys are on the level of lyrics Eminem is on. It will be a serious competition and amazinggg opportunity for their careers to explode with marketing of shady records and the simple fact that there is "EMINEM" the rapper known by 6 out of the 7 billion people that are living in this world today...
(12-02-2010, 08:23 PM)OttawaCOB link Wrote:Exactly my thoughts too homie !

His marketing is very very poor

very very very very very very very very
I Felt nwa and boom boom clap couldve been pushed huge if marketed right but lately nothing stands out to me.  
(12-02-2010, 09:09 PM)blackjezus link Wrote:I Felt nwa and boom boom clap couldve been pushed huge if marketed right but lately nothing stands out to me. 
damn that boom boom clap intro with the phone call was you? lol 

and i agree,  if you give his beats like NWA, straight bosses to people like Jay-z or 50 cent,  it would get so much promo, instantly people with jump and call that a instant classic.  i do hope Shady/Slaugterhouse is IT. like  this is it,  no more waiting for right opporutinity, because this is it right here.
(12-02-2010, 04:21 PM)abdi32 link Wrote:After listening to the new single off Million Dollar Story I'm no longer going to lying to myself. As far lyrics go he is untouchable and none is better to me, but as far music from a advertising and marketing standpoint he is poor. Before you judge me hear me out. I met him twice and even been on a track with him sneekly (Boom boom clap intro..dude going nuts...lol) I've come conclusion his best work is when he has others making decsion on beats and hooks n business similiar to the SH album...where he focuses on the lyrics...he sounds amazing to me regardless of who he with...I hope this shady deal is for real...i think then he will have the right team to exploit his strenghths..which is rippin the beat to shreds...

Do you know if he selected the beat for the MDS single? If so, I think you may be onto something.
at this point in his career, he will not blow up, to wayne, drake, kanye etc staus. I think we have realised that and so has he. So who cares about beat selection. As long as it does its job and we get an album, i am hapy.
(12-02-2010, 08:23 PM)OttawaCOB link Wrote:Exactly my thoughts too homie !

His marketing is very very poor and I don't know if its whether he doesn't care about getting money or he is just too lazy to focus on marketing or its his manager or whomever works alongside him to take care of the marketing is crap or not.

I swear to god, half the shit he has released in the past year is 10000000x way better than more than 3/4 of these shit albums from various artists that we got in the past year. He can seriously go far with his material but he lacks in that area and that area only.

That's why I also simply cannot wait until shady. Because Eminem knows exactly all the dam potential these guys have and he wants to use it to his advantage to make money and also because of the fact that only these guys are on the level of lyrics Eminem is on. It will be a serious competition and amazinggg opportunity for their careers to explode with marketing of shady records and the simple fact that there is "EMINEM" the rapper known by 6 out of the 7 billion people that are living in this world today...

I disagree on the marketing part, that augmented reality shit, no one was doing that, aswell as the weekly thing which he originated three years ago, and it gets popular now
I disagree on the marketing part, that augmented reality shit, no one was doing that, aswell as the weekly thing which he originated three years ago, and it gets popular now
[/quote]

Neither of those matter if he doesnt release an album, he comes up with those marketing skeems but doesnt make any money from them. Basically their pointless.