Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I's "Villain" is receiving a positive response! [Updated Stats]
Crooked I & Sally Anthony's single "Villain" is starting to get a great response across the nation with major radio play on several popular radio stations. I thought fans would be interested in seeing it's success so far. Below I have included some statistics and a PARTIAL listing of the stations that have played the song thus far.

Last Update 01/20/11

Charts:
-TOP 50 - Urban
-TOP 100 - Rhythmic

Radio:
KJMM (105.3 FM) - Tulsa
KVSP (103.5 FM) - Oklahoma City
WFXA (103.1 FM) - Augusta
WIIZ (97.9 FM) - Augusta
WHWT (103.5) - Hunstville
WNHT (96.3 FM) - Fort Wayne
WRVZ (98.7 FM) - Charleston
WXIS (103.9 & 92.3 FM) - Johnson City, Kingsport, Elizabethton & Bristol
WZBZ (99.3 FM) - Atlantic City
WJTT (94.3 FM) - Chattanooga
WHHL (104.1 FM) - St Louis
WPEG (98.0 FM) - Charlotte
WJZD (94.5 FM) - Biloxi, Gulfport
WJUC (107.3 FM) - Toledo
WCCG (104.5 FM) - Fayetteville
WBTF (107.9 FM) - Lexington
KKUU (92.7 FM) - Palm Springs
KPWR (105.9 FM) - Los Angeles

Satellite:
Shade 45

Retail:
Amazon - MP3 - Rap & Hip Hop - West Coast: #13 (Peak)
Also featured on iTunes New and Noteworthy Hip Hop/Rap listing

Please continue to support the song and request it with your local radio stations. It's important to let the DJs know what we want to hear as Hip Hop fans. Additionally, please let us know of any other stations (radio or internet based) that are playing the song and we'll archive them.
i hope they play this dude to more places than expected..rapper like this needs the hype!!
(12-16-2010, 12:58 AM)EFFeX link Wrote:Crooked I & Sally Anthony's single "Villain" is starting to get a great response across the nation with major radio play on several popular radio stations. I thought fans would be interested in seeing it's success so far. Below I have included some statistics and a PARTIAL listing of the stations that are currently supporting the song.

Charts:
-TOP 110 - Rhythmic
-TOP 150 - Urban

Retail:
Amazon - MP3 - Rap & Hip Hop - West Coast: #22
Also featured on iTunes New and Noteworthy Hip Hop/Rap listing

Radio:
KJMM (105.3 FM) - Tulsa
KKUU (92.7 FM) - Palm Springs
KPWR (105.9 FM) - Los Angeles
KVSP (103.5 FM) - Oklahoma City
WFXA (103.1 FM) - Augusta
WHWT (103.5) - Hunstville
WNHT (96.3 FM) - Fort Wayne
WRVZ (98.7 FM) - Charleston
WXIS (103.9 & 92.3 FM) - Johnson City, Kingsport, Elizabethton & Bristol
WZBZ (99.3 FM) - Atlantic City

Satellite:
Shade 45

Note: I know several other stations are currently playing the song, but these are the ones that have been publicly announced. In fact, Mediabase alone has tracked 40+ spins over the last week. Gracie Productions has also announced that a major Radio One station will start playing the song this week as well.

Please continue to support the song and request it with your local radio stations. It's important to let the DJs know what we want to hear as Hip Hop fans. Additionally, please let us know of any other stations (radio or internet based) that are playing the song and we'll archive them.

This is a good thing the track is immense one of Crooked's best in a long time
If you don't vote anywhere else, please make sure to at least support Crooked I by voting on Shade 45. It only takes two minutes! Thanks.

http://www.sirius.com/shade45
IMO He should have went with something a bit more...livelier not some slow song.

I mean it isn't bad but I also feel Crook coulda went way harder but we'll see how things go.
(12-17-2010, 11:10 PM)purenathan link Wrote:IMO He should have went with something a bit more...livelier not some slow song.

I mean it isn't bad but I also feel Crook coulda went way harder but we'll see how things go.

Well, "Everythang" was livelier and not too many people really liked that song....
The cool thing about Villain is that Crooked made the kind of song that HE wanted to make without anyone saying, "You have to say this or sound like that". That is what has always been great about Crook's music, it's different and outside the box. It doesn't sound generic.
I'm sure the second single that he will release for this album will be more  "livelier" as such song is always needed to hype up an album and of course catch radio attention.
wow thats so cool,  imma send this to various stations also.  Hey Effex do you have like a small message template i can use so it looks a bit professional?  just don't really wanna send them a message saying play this song
Man this song is one of the best rap songs ive ever heard
just wish there was a third verse
Crooked I is just on another level