Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I's "Villain" is receiving a positive response! [Updated Stats]
which is why I think he should make a Villain video their is no need for an independant video its  unnecessary go on with this villain thing get more publicity for the single + more iTunes and amazon downloads and more publicity for him and the album
The song broke Urban Top 75, let's go! #COB
(12-30-2010, 08:04 AM)D-91 link Wrote:which is why I think he should make a Villain video their is no need for an independant video its  unnecessary go on with this villain thing get more publicity for the single + more iTunes and amazon downloads and more publicity for him and the album

According to Sally Anthony's Twitter they could be shooting a video to the song within the next 3 weeks.
(12-30-2010, 06:45 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:[quote author=D-91 link=topic=5073.msg281699#msg281699 date=1293710676]
which is why I think he should make a Villain video their is no need for an independant video its  unnecessary go on with this villain thing get more publicity for the single + more iTunes and amazon downloads and more publicity for him and the album

According to Sally Anthony's Twitter they could be shooting a video to the song within the next 3 weeks.
[/quote]

If they shoot a good video and get some TV time with it like Slaughterhouse did that could be a good look for this album.
(12-31-2010, 08:21 PM)509 Finest link Wrote:[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=5073.msg281707#msg281707 date=1293749109]
[quote author=D-91 link=topic=5073.msg281699#msg281699 date=1293710676]

[/quote]

If they shoot a good video and get some TV time with it like Slaughterhouse did that could be a good look for this album.
[/quote]

Well, the positive sign is that Joe was able to get "Follow My Lead" on MTV / BET and Joell gets some good video rotation here and there. I think Crooked should be able to get his video on MTV Jams at the very least.
thats cool mtv is showing joey love consedring the song is like 6 minutes long.  i hope this video is real and they get this some exposure
(01-01-2011, 04:55 AM)J.P link Wrote:thats cool mtv is showing joey love consedring the song is like 6 minutes long.  i hope this video is real and they get this some exposure

LoL... Well Joell isn't on the video version, so it's shorter, lol.
I read about the single on the famous polish rap website. They're giving us really good opinions. Personally, I really like that song.. but I thought the first will be a banger or something like that.
I really don't think this song will catch on at all. Its nothing more than YET ANOTHER unoriginal come-from-and-get-out-of-the-ghetto story from Crooked. How many times have the fans heard that already from him? If Dream Big didn't catch on, which had one of pop music's most popular artists on the hook and Crooked's buzz was at all-time high fresh off HHW, why the hell would this? Come on now.

The song itself is decent at best, sorely lacking a third verse too. There have got to be a lot more better songs in the Crooked vault he could have used as a single.

Also, I haven't heard the song yet on Shade45, which actually played Everythang quite a bit.

(01-02-2011, 05:22 PM)cymba link Wrote:I really don't think this song will catch on at all. Its nothing more than YET ANOTHER unoriginal come-from-and-get-out-of-the-ghetto story from Crooked. How many times have the fans heard that already from him? If Dream Big didn't catch on, which had one of pop music's most popular artists on the hook and Crooked's buzz was at all-time high fresh off HHW, why the hell would this? Come on now.

The song itself is decent at best, sorely lacking a third verse too. There have got to be a lot more better songs in the Crooked vault he could have used as a single.

Also, I haven't heard the song yet on Shade45, which actually played Everythang quite a bit.

My question is... If you don't like Villain, what do you want to hear from him? People complained that he dumbed it down on Everythang and now that he's spitting something from the heart and GETTING radio play and that's still a problem? I don't get it.

He's getting radio play on commercial radio as an independent artist, that's a great look. Obviously it would be a challenge to make Top 40 with the Rihanna's and Eminem's, but that's not completely expected.