Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daz Dillinger/Crooked I
I love Daz Dillinger and his music, always have.
But i remember reading a interview way back where he mentioned Crooked I saying that he was a great rapper but didnt have enough bars to stay fresh (basically what he said) This is when he was rapping with DPG
I think this is when crooked split up with them.
Can anyone confirm this?

i say now crooked i is the one who should make comments on Daz like "what now Daz?" hahahah IMO
(12-27-2010, 10:00 PM)emcee187 link Wrote:i say now crooked i is the one who should make comments on Daz like "what now Daz?" hahahah IMO
Yea i know, i always laugh when i remember this
Crooked I has evolved so much as a rapper, and Daz has just stayed the same old daz
Well Crooked is still dropping heat going into 2011, I think it's fair to say that Daz jumped the gun on that comment.
(12-27-2010, 10:54 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Well Crooked is still dropping heat going into 2011, I think it's fair to say that Daz jumped the gun on that comment.
Was that comment made though? i cnat remember
I m pretty sure he made a comment like that
Crooked for all his talent has never reached the heights of Daz's career, so I'd say Daz wins this argument.
(12-27-2010, 11:53 PM)Tony Trey link Wrote:Crooked for all his talent has never reached the heights of Daz's career, so I'd say Daz wins this argument.
yea in terms of success Daz has had a more successful career with his many albums and DPG fame.
But what he said is that Crooked I wasnt going nowhere and didnt have enough bars to keep going.
WEll years later we can safely say that daz was very wrong.
Crooked I doesnt have an album out like Daz but he has proved he is among the best rappers  by all the work he has done over the years.
He hasnt run out of bars, Daz has though, he hasnt changed his style and raps the same stuff over again over new beats.
I still enoy his music but not as much as Crooked I. Crooked I has potential to be a Jayz or Nas imo because of his rapping ability.  He is a top notch MC and is slowly becoming a really good artist.  Daz  hasnt branched out at all or stepped up his lyrical game, I know he has a following but to be on top of the game you gotta work hard as **** and thats what Crooked I is doing right now.  IMO he is on top of the game right now.  He should be the next 2pac or biggie right now, I dunno whats up with rap fans nowadays
Daz and Snoop are still under cover haters imo.. and have been for several years.  I still think it all stems from Crook's dealing with Suge and DR... and if he's not on detox I'll just go ahead and add Dre to that list too.
(12-27-2010, 11:53 PM)Tony Trey link Wrote:Crooked for all his talent has never reached the heights of Daz's career, so I'd say Daz wins this argument.

Yeah, many rap fans today have little idea who Daz even is, but the success Daz reached from 92-98, Crooked cannot match- and there is very little to say he ever will, which is fine BTW.

Daz's appearances on The Chronic, Doggystyle, and All Eyez on Me solidified him forever in hip-hop. That's not even mentioning all of the DPG releases, Daz still puts out good music, and his catalog is VERY large. 

It was from Daz that Crooked saw the independent game from I believe. I STILL want to hear the Crooked/Daz music they made together in the late 90s. Daz is probably the most underrated producer ever (many ppl also forget he the lead producer on All Eyez on Me). Daz Production and Crooked lyrics? WOW. 

I'm not comparing the two in terms of who's had more notable musical accomplishments, I'm just saying that Daz is wrong when he (supposedly) said that Crooked would run out of bars.