Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Special Announcement & New Music
It all sounds good, but after the last few years I've taught myself not to get too excited about big announcements. Hopefully Crooked just commits himself to his plan and follows through.

And hopefully he releases B.O.S.S early in the year, and in an ideal world, it would be nice to see him release an official retail album before 09 is over.
I am glad to get the music, but I think it just shows his failure at securing a distribution deal to release his album... It will drop for free download? What happened to that "Im gonna have hard copies" talk? We'll see what moves he make in 2009... oh well.
Im actually dissappointed by this BOSS announcement. I mean... A free download? Is that what we've all been waiting for? That doesnt even count as an album in my book.
(12-22-2008, 11:38 PM)CheGuevara link Wrote: I heard C.O.B Records would be distributed by Aftermath/Interscope....we'll have to wait and see i guess.

Peace

I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not. Dre beats are the finest but his perfectionism seems to have held back a few careers in the last four years. I'd love to hear Crooked and Eminem on the same joint though.
Well, let's look closely at this update.  He changed the name of Dynasty to COB Records.....nothing big there.  BOSS is still "coming soon"......DEFINITELY nothing big there.  Making it free is yet another blunder by the "Boss".  Put some newer stuff with what you already have, and sell the download, but don't just leak it!  HHW coming back I think is great!!  As long as a REAL album follows the buzz he creates.  HHW is a lot of work to do just to let the buzz die like he did last time. 
should release BOSS on amazon and itunes that would be a better option if he was still searching for a distribution deal but i guess he has picked one up.
Did anybody else notice that he didn't say shit about Treacherous?  Is he done with them or what?
This site is crazy good on the keeping us updated.
If set up correctly, releasing BOSS, if it's even a real album (I have my doubts), for free download could be a great strategic move.  On the other hand we have no credible reason to believe anything he said will actually happen.  And even if it does, I can't say I'm confident it'll be handled properly.

Either way, it's time to stop talking about it and make it happen.  We're way past the point where words hold any water.
B.O.S.S. is being released because whatever label crooked is on wants new stuff, HSG is getting an album, Sauce is getting one, crooked will get one, it's just simply old material.

does anyone know the numbers that block obama 2 were sold on itunes/rhaps?