Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Special Announcement & New Music
(12-24-2008, 12:27 PM)IM SO HOOOOOOOD link Wrote: B.O.S.S. is being released because whatever label crooked is on wants new stuff, HSG is getting an album, Sauce is getting one, crooked will get one, it's just simply old material.

does anyone know the numbers that block obama 2 were sold on itunes/rhaps?

I'm just happy we are going to hear the material he recorded. I still feel bad he's releasing it for free though, I'm hoping he didn't put a lot of money into the project. Fans would still cop it on iTunes or Amazon. I guess they just don't want to release his first album with old material. Hopefully there's something big bubbling behind the scenes as we could probably assume from this news.
(12-24-2008, 12:27 PM)IM SO HOOOOOOOD link Wrote: B.O.S.S. is being released because whatever label crooked is on wants new stuff, HSG is getting an album, Sauce is getting one, crooked will get one, it's just simply old material.

does anyone know the numbers that block obama 2 were sold on itunes/rhaps?

BO2 sold under 500 copies (the full mixtape) in the first month or something. So it might have reached 1k by now, or maybe not.

Ingrooves arranged some promo and media for Crooked I but he didn't bother to turn up.

This is all from a friend of a friend of a friend so it may be totally off so don't take what I say as a given.
(12-24-2008, 11:48 AM)ITS OFFICIAL link Wrote: If set up correctly, releasing BOSS, if it's even a real album (I have my doubts), for free download could be a great strategic move.  On the other hand we have no credible reason to believe anything he said will actually happen.  And even if it does, I can't say I'm confident it'll be handled properly.

Either way, it's time to stop talking about it and make it happen.  We're way past the point where words hold any water.

Done correctly it could, like you say, be a great move. There would be a huge potential to collect customer information for future on and offline marketing and promo, sell C.O.B. merchandise and clothing, sell premium B.O.S.S. album packages (like Radiohead) which all the die hards will buy, promote a national/worldwide tour and brand build to increase awareness for future releases.

It has potential but only with a reasonable on and offline marketing budget and full support of the relevant people. There is the problem. There is no money.
Glad the new material comin' out and wishin' him all the best but I hope the Free release isn't a bad idea. I hope he can break out and it all works out good and not become another Pap or Saigon album story (moreso Pap).
(12-22-2008, 04:34 PM)Rodger Ramrod link Wrote: so does that mean treacherous records is officially cob records now?
i'm optimistic but we've heard this before...i'm afraid 09 is gonna be like 08....which was like 07..
i have a feeling this boss free download will be more like block obama pt 3

Sounds to me like Crooked has split ties with Treacherous.  Which could be the reason why he is giving BOSS away for free....don't think he could profit from it if Treacherous owns the music and he left them...if that is indeed the case.
(12-27-2008, 03:46 PM)JBone1424 link Wrote: [quote author=Rodger Ramrod link=topic=40.msg104#msg104 date=1229978068]
so does that mean treacherous records is officially cob records now?
i'm optimistic but we've heard this before...i'm afraid 09 is gonna be like 08....which was like 07..
i have a feeling this boss free download will be more like block obama pt 3

Sounds to me like Crooked has split ties with Treacherous.  Which could be the reason why he is giving BOSS away for free....don't think he could profit from it if Treacherous owns the music and he left them...if that is indeed the case.
[/quote]

Interesting theory and it could be true. Other theories I have is that COB Records is an imprint of Treacherous, which I don't know how beneficial that could be. Maybe COB is an imprint of a larger label that Crook is doing business with. Or it's possible that COB Records is something totally independent that Crook is starting from the ground up.

Either way, isn't Crook still a VP of Trecherous?
Crooked I just uses the Treacherous studios to record because it's near to his house.
What happened to Dynasty Records then? Is C.O.B. Records just a rebranding of that?
^ I'm guessing they probably just merged the two corporation into one big corporation.
I hope Crooked does more "American me" style songs with the new material. That's the only thing I think that's lacking to an extent from alot of his discography, being those deep songs where he isn't talking smack or about abstracts. He's really good at it but I want to hear more songs in the style of "Just to be Different" by Budden or some of the Mood Muzik style stuff or like Reks' "Premonition" but with Crooked I flavour of course. Not those specific songs but in that style.