Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Special Announcement & New Music
If B.O.S.S. is going to be a free download why not sell a hard copy (could be limited edition, signed or something) alongside a link to the free download, so those who want to put money in Crooked I's pocket can do so. I'm thinking along the lines of the model Radiohead used for their In Rainbows release which I'm sure many of you heard/read about. Technically its easy to do. Logistically its easy to do. On the D.O.C. site you had maybe 5 thousand people who would have happily paid $20, $30, $x for, and bought multiple copies of a B.O.S.S. That adds up to a decent pay day IMO.

I'm sure Crooked I's management and business advisers have considered this option already when planning their release strategy so its probably a pointless post, for which I apologise.
(01-21-2009, 02:21 PM)4 link Wrote: If B.O.S.S. is going to be a free download why not sell a hard copy (could be limited edition, signed or something) alongside a link to the free download, so those who want to put money in Crooked I's pocket can do so. I'm thinking along the lines of the model Radiohead used for their In Rainbows release which I'm sure many of you heard/read about. Technically its easy to do. Logistically its easy to do. On the D.O.C. site you had maybe 5 thousand people who would have happily paid $20, $30, $x for, and bought multiple copies of a B.O.S.S. That adds up to a decent pay day IMO.

I'm sure Crooked I's management and business advisers have considered this option already when planning their release strategy so its probably a pointless post, for which I apologise.

Your exactly right. I too have been thinking they need to follow the Radiohead scheme, if they don't at least give it a shot selling this project, they are losing out majorly.
(01-21-2009, 03:11 PM)EFFeX link Wrote: [quote author=4 link=topic=40.msg1125#msg1125 date=1232562068]
If B.O.S.S. is going to be a free download why not sell a hard copy (could be limited edition, signed or something) alongside a link to the free download, so those who want to put money in Crooked I's pocket can do so. I'm thinking along the lines of the model Radiohead used for their In Rainbows release which I'm sure many of you heard/read about. Technically its easy to do. Logistically its easy to do. On the D.O.C. site you had maybe 5 thousand people who would have happily paid $20, $30, $x for, and bought multiple copies of a B.O.S.S. That adds up to a decent pay day IMO.

Your exactly right. I too have been thinking they need to follow the Radiohead scheme, if they don't at least give it a shot selling this project, they are losing out majorly.
[/quote]

There are so many options and ways to give B.O.S.S. away for free but for it to have some ROI in the short to long term, use it as a loss leader if you will.

Just off the top of my head, you could have people register their cell/mobile number and email address to be sent a text/email alert when B.O.S.S. is live for download. You could then use this information to send promotional texts, concert announcements, new song alerts and so on. I bet you could get 30k+ people to do this without much effort/expense.

So many ways to utilise the internet, all you need is a will team, some money and the support of the relevant people.
I'm afraid BOSS is just going to be another mixtape with Crook calling it an album..
(01-20-2009, 01:34 PM)Steve Grenier link Wrote: I disagree, it'd certainly makeup for all the broken promises. However I'd feel bad if I didn't give him something for it. If he does drop it for free (which he probably has to at this point) there better be an option for donations. I made a promise to buy 10 copies awhile back, I gotta give him something if its free lol

I completely agree that releasing B.O.S.S. as a free download would be great PR and certainly get him right with his fans.  However, rather then make a donation I'll just apply my committment of support (ie: my money) to whatever product comes out at retail next since I honestly believe Crooked I owes his fans (especially those of us who've supported him year after year) something more then freestyles over other peoples music and mixtapes.  You can't have so many broken promises, misleads, etc. and think you haven't chalked up debt with your fans.
(01-23-2009, 01:05 PM)ITS OFFICIAL link Wrote: [quote author=Steve Grenier link=topic=40.msg1074#msg1074 date=1232472874]
I disagree, it'd certainly makeup for all the broken promises. However I'd feel bad if I didn't give him something for it. If he does drop it for free (which he probably has to at this point) there better be an option for donations. I made a promise to buy 10 copies awhile back, I gotta give him something if its free lol

I completely agree that releasing B.O.S.S. as a free download would be great PR and certainly get him right with his fans.  However, rather then make a donation I'll just apply my committment of support (ie: my money) to whatever product comes out at retail next since I honestly believe Crooked I owes his fans (especially those of us who've supported him year after year) something more then freestyles over other peoples music and mixtapes.  You can't have so many broken promises, misleads, etc. and think you haven't chalked up debt with your fans.
[/quote]

This. I rather have an album that I could purchase in stores rather then downloading it for free..
(12-22-2008, 05:01 PM)Andrew link Wrote: [quote author=IM SO HOOOOOOOD link=topic=40.msg106#msg106 date=1229978663]
BOSS probably had old irrelevant tracks that were relevant, what 3 years ago?

when gangstaz cry ?  Wink :Smile Smile
[/quote]

i think there was a snippet to this has anyone got it?
(05-19-2009, 11:51 AM)DALJ link Wrote: [quote author=Andrew link=topic=40.msg110#msg110 date=1229979678]
[quote author=IM SO HOOOOOOOD link=topic=40.msg106#msg106 date=1229978663]
BOSS probably had old irrelevant tracks that were relevant, what 3 years ago?

when gangstaz cry ?  Wink :Smile Smile
[/quote]

i think there was a snippet to this has anyone got it?

[/quote]

There was a snippet, I can't find it anymore though.
was it good?
Yes!! You can also here it on one of the Dynasty Videos.