Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I - "Everyday"
Crooked I just dropped a project today, Million Dollar Story EP, and he believes you should go ahead and cop it. I think you should to, so I’ve left the means to do so below. With that said, here goes the first single off the upcoming full length album.

http://www.thebossboard.com/audio.php?sonid=356
He sounds tired with an almost-monotone flow on this. Anyone else hearing this or am I flipping out and becoming ferhat?
(03-22-2011, 11:39 AM)anita_job link Wrote:He sounds tired with an almost-monotone flow on this. Anyone else hearing this or am I flipping out and becoming ferhat?

Nah you hearing it straight, thought the same thing. Dont know whats up with that. Doesnt really "ruin" the song but to a Crooked fan its def noticible.
(03-22-2011, 11:57 AM)©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link Wrote:[quote author=anita_job link=topic=5580.msg285863#msg285863 date=1300808362]
He sounds tired with an almost-monotone flow on this. Anyone else hearing this or am I flipping out and becoming ferhat?

Nah you hearing it straight, thought the same thing. Dont know whats up with that. Doesnt really "ruin" the song but to a Crooked fan its def noticible.
[/quote]

The only thing I can think of is maybe he was sick with a cold or flu and feeling under the weather. Sad
(03-22-2011, 11:59 AM)anita_job link Wrote:[quote author=©olumbus(O)hio(B)oy link=topic=5580.msg285867#msg285867 date=1300809476]
[quote author=anita_job link=topic=5580.msg285863#msg285863 date=1300808362]

[/quote]

The only thing I can think of is maybe he was sick with a cold or flu and feeling under the weather. Sad
[/quote]

That or he messing with that Aunt Jemima again.....
both tracks could've been way better.
IMO this is better than G's Stay Low
I REALLY hope the album doesn't turn out like this song.. sounds like he tryna be mainstream! but for WHAT? when you got us as fans?
COB SUUUUT
I like it - G's Stay Low is better though.

BTW: http://thebossboard.com/forum/index.php?topic=5568.0
(03-22-2011, 11:39 AM)anita_job link Wrote:He sounds tired with an almost-monotone flow on this. Anyone else hearing this or am I flipping out and becoming ferhat?

Thought exactly the same thing when I heard it first..wtf is that. How can he drop #Okbye and then this..
(03-22-2011, 12:55 PM)knowitsmet link Wrote:I REALLY hope the album doesn't turn out like this song.. sounds like he tryna be mainstream! but for WHAT? when you got us as fans?
COB SUUUUT

far from mainstream.. did you listen to lyrics? the hook plus Glen Beck & Rush Limbaugh references are not really that usual in mainstream songs... having a dope beat by accomplished producer doesn't mean he's trying to "be mainstream".

"Villain" was closer to a "mainstream" single even though it wasn't exactly that either