Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-Posted Crooked Interview
Found this interview when i was bored on YouTube last night, some of the realist shit i've ever heard Crooked speak. Definetly worth checking out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTbdpXaYKo
Yeah, I remember this clip, never posted it up. Crooked kept it 100. He's right though, he said nothing disrespectful, just kept it real. I think too many artists afraid to speak what's really on their mind. Unfortunately, by doing so, it holds back progress.
(07-30-2011, 04:15 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Yeah, I remember this clip, never posted it up. Crooked kept it 100. He's right though, he said nothing disrespectful, just kept it real. I think too many artists afraid to speak what's really on their mind. Unfortunately, by doing so, it holds back progress.

Exactly. People these days are to soft and take everything as "hating" and people end up in pointless feuds. Crooked always keeps it real with what he says and doesn't worry about how people take it. What happened between Sly Boogy and King Tech/Sway? I never heard about any problems between them.
Yeah, I remember seeing the first clip... Well you know thats one of the main reasons why Crooked is where he's at today (fame wise)... cuz he kept it real with the people for too long.
(07-30-2011, 09:04 PM)TrueHopTunes link Wrote:Yeah, I remember seeing the first clip... Well you know thats one of the main reasons why Crooked is where he's at today (fame wise)... cuz he kept it real with the people for too long.

When you say that, do you mean that because he kept it real for so long that it held him back or that it eventually landed him on Shady Records? Honest question, not sure what you meant be that.
Nah, I'm saying his demeanor and what he stands for. His authenticity and what he believes in clearly is reflected in his music and bars. Just saying that he never was willing to agree to any gimmicks, which usually makes it hard to remain real.
Oh I see what you are saying.

I think one of the things that's definitely helped Crooked I's longevity in the game is the way that he's been able to stay level headed. You can hear just through interviews that he means what he says, but stays humble. He doesn't come off as a dick and you can tell that he's the kind of person that everyone in the room will listen to.

The fans definitely have identified with him and I think it's helped keep him relevant. Some other rappers need to realize, the fans are not stupid. They can spot a fraud a mile away.
(07-30-2011, 09:21 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:The fans definitely have identified with him and I think it's helped keep him relevant. Some other rappers need to realize, the fans are not stupid. They can spot a fraud a mile away.
Well, Crooked I fans are pretty smart in regards to that last statement... fans of rap in general, like say fans of Lil Wayne or Rick Ross... that's another story hahahah
Sway and Tech sabotaged Sly's opportunity to come out when he was on J records. Among other things, they told him to rep Los Angeles as if it was his home turf when he's actually from I.E. They were trying to create an image to sell 2 the public instead of letting Sly be himself and rep his hood. Snakes.
(08-01-2011, 09:15 PM)Iconoklass link Wrote:Sway and Tech sabotaged Sly's opportunity to come out when he was on J records. Among other things, they told him to rep Los Angeles as if it was his home turf when he's actually from I.E. They were trying to create an image to sell 2 the public instead of letting Sly be himself and rep his hood. Snakes.
Oh Word? Didn't know all that. I kinda wanted to know what Crook was talking about when he said that Sly Boogie needed to apologize to them. But if all of what you just said is true, I don't see why there should a need for Sly Boog to apologize. Nor should he want to. That's seems pretty dirty.