Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE UPDATES: Slaughterhouse Album - Release Date? Production?
UPDATES:

*Ordered Latest To Oldest*

Quote:Earlier this week Joe Budden leaked information to the internet regarding the production features for the Slaughterhouse project. Well, Budden is back today with more information regarding a possible release date for the project. Apparently one of the offers on the table right now is from Koch (E1) for an album release date of July 7th. Although Budden admits that this is only one offer on the table, he finds the possibility appealing. Additionally, Budden assures fans that whether or not this deal is completed, there is a lot of new music dropping soon. Hopefully the group can work out a deal and quickly, because the possibility of a Slaughterhouse album dropping this summer is mind blowing. In the meantime, keep your browsers pointed to The B.O.S.S. Board for more updates regarding the album situation.

Reference: http://www.joebuddentv.com/forums/showth...hp?t=25298 

--- --- ---

Joe Budden finally decided to make an appearance on his official website JoeBuddenTV after taking some time off to spread the love on Twitter. Budden's latest thread brings Slaughterhouse fans some incredible news regarding the upcoming album. Although it is unclear how many tracks are completed in all, Budden states that he has five records in his e-mail with verses and hooks from Royce Da 5'9 and Crooked I. Budden expands upon this update by stating that one record is produced by Alchemist and another by one of Dr Dre's ghost-producers. Fans are already starting to speculate that the Dre-related producer is indeed DJ Khalil, but that is only a rumor at this point in time. Finally, Budden states that there is an ongoing bidding war regarding the Slaughterhouse album. Apparently many labels are showing interest in the project and are making the group various offers. This update is huge news for the Slaughterhouse movement and unfortunately like all updates, this one makes fans even more blood thirsty. Fans should expect the currently untitled album to drop around September, but a release date has not been set in stone. Make sure to keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board and JoeBuddenTV for further updates regarding this breaking story!

Reference: http://www.joebuddentv.com/forums/showth...hp?t=24430

--- --- ---

"so anywho... i have about 5 records in my email with royce/crook verses and hooks 4 this slaughterhouse album... 1 produced by alchemist, 1 by dre's ghost producer, etc.

i say all that 2 say, THESE RECORDS ARE BONKERS !!!!

that slaughterhouse album (which there is a bidding war 4 btw) is gonna be incredible...

that is all"
alchemist? will be a heat rock

and could dre's ghost producer be khalil, i fuckin hope so

should be sick
Great news, thanks for the update!
It's crazy seeing the project be a pipe dream a month ago, and then now having tracks being put together and labels fighting over releasing it.
(05-04-2009, 08:34 PM)IM SO HOOOOOOOD link Wrote: It's crazy seeing the project be a pipe dream a month ago, and then now having tracks being put together and labels fighting over releasing it.

I know! This update really did come out of no where, aren't they working on an EP first though?

Maybe they are working on both the EP and album at the same time... ?

UPDATE: Joey said the album by September or before! They want a one time deal with a label too.
the link in the hpme page doesnt work.....

also sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference betwwen an EP, LP and album?
Quote: link=topic=816.msg255094#msg255094 date=1241491053]

also sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference betwwen an EP, LP and album?

EP= Extended Play
LP= Long Playing record

An EP contains a few songs (usually around 3-5 songs), and an LP is a full album. The terms are from the days of vinyl records. In the 1980's, promotional vinyl EPs were often sent to clubs and radio stations to give an overview of an artist's music, and live EPs of top-selling artists were sometimes sent to radio stations to promote the artist on tour and extend the life of an album. The popularity of the promotional EP caused labels to start manufacturing them for the general public, often in colored vinyl and with previously unseen photos used as cover art.

As for the difference between an EP and a single, CD singles have blurred the meanings a bit, but originally a single contained 2 songs: one on the "A-side", and one on the "B-side." (During the days of vinyl singles, occasionally an extra song would be included, though not often.) CD technology allowed more minutes of music than previous music formats, so labels took advantage of it and added "bonus tracks" to some CD singles. Technically speaking, a CD single with bonus tracks is actually an EP...but labels found that calling it a "single with bonus tracks" made it more appealing to consumers.

Randi Reed,
Editor-in-Chief / Founder
MusicBizAdvice.com
Quote: link=topic=816.msg255094#msg255094 date=1241491053]

Sorry about that, it's all fixed up now!

If anyone has ran into any problems today it's because I've been doing a little bit of work to make everything work more efficiently.

It's like it always is though, you fix one problem, you create 10 more, LOL!

Everything should be straight now though, if you have any trouble make sure to let me know.
yep works now and aaron, cheers for that
Can't wait, good to see they're getting some decent production. When they come out and say they've got a track from Premo I'm gonna piss myself.