Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked I Explains Whether Or Not "Apex Predator" Is His Solo Debut (HipHopDX)
From: From: http://www.thebossboard.com/article.php?...fkaiG2PwX8

Quote:Crooked I celebrated the release of his Apex Predator this week and the reception has been quite positive. However, Crooked I's fan base still has one question that has remained unanswered up until this point. Does the Apex Predator project qualify as a Crooked I's official solo debut album? HipHopDX's Jake Paine had the opportunity to sit down with the Boss of the West to discuss this and several other interesting topics. Readers will definitely be interested in finding out how Crooked I responds to the question.

Fans are encouraged to visit the link included below to check out HipHopDX's article in full. Additionally, please be sure to pick up a copy of Apex Predator through digital retailers or select Best Buy and FYE locations.

Reference: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24...solo-debut-
I don't get how the Psalm project from last year was released through retailers and no one questioned it being his debut. It's 2013 and people still can't tell the difference between different project types. It's hilarious/annoying. To me, this project was just an 'independent album', same vein as Kendrick Lamar's "Section.80" album that came out 2 years ago. It wasn't his debut, but rather an independent album. His debut was GKMC.
I think there are people that don't classify something as a real album unless it's sold in stores. As this project appeared in select Best Buy and FYE locations, people label it "official". However, music has evolved and the standard format and marketing that worked in the 90's and 2000's has changed. The old rules don't apply anymore... at least in my opinion.

Either way, this isn't Crooked's "debut" anything. He's been releasing music since the 90's. He's far from a new artist. Fans can really call this album whatever they want... "an album", "an independent album", "a project", "a body of music", etc.

Music is just music to me.
Couldn't Have Said It Betta Effex!!!

(08-01-2013, 03:50 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:I think there are people that don't classify something as a real album unless it's sold in stores. As this project appeared in select Best Buy and FYE locations, people label it "official". However, music has evolved and the standard format and marketing that worked in the 90's and 2000's has changed. The old rules don't apply anymore... at least in my opinion.

Either way, this isn't Crooked's "debut" anything. He's been releasing music since the 90's. He's far from a new artist. Fans can really call this album whatever they want... "an album", "an independent album", "a project", "a body of music", etc.

Music is just music to me.

Quote for truth and saving me the trouble of having to write something to that effect

Defective Crooked I Robot