Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf happened to Crook?
Hey y'all

I usually check back here once or twice every year (I'm an original 10+ years member from Dynasty and BOSS board) and every time I check it's STILL no album and STILL mediocre mini releases.

I still haven't received my copy of Million Dollar story and I paid the top price. To compensate myself I bootlegged Apex Predator and found it lacking somewhat, it just isn't good enough.

I kinda feel Crooked will never be the solo artist we all dreamed of and joining Slaughter has only made it worse.

WTF went wrong?

Still no album. So much time has passed...damn, good ol days with this forum and peeps here. hope yall still good!
LOL Crook can't win, for years people dogged him on not having an album, he finally puts out Apex Predator as his Debut and people don't even acknowledge it as an album( for the record I don't think it's his strongest material by any means, just find it funny)

Anyway I happened to see on Twitter that the shoe gang retweeted one of Crooks tweets saying something along the lines of Album recorded in 10 days so I clicked through to Crooks page and he had another one saying he was making an announcement on the 26th to give something back to hip hop (paraphrasing here)

So we'll see what comes of that, I'm interested, however given his track record I won't be waiting on the day to find out what it is. I'm hoping the Shoe gang being punctual on all their releases and letting people know their album got pushed back is a sign that we can expect the same from Crooked now, but again we'll see
 Defective Crooked I Robot
I really don't see the issue here. With that ridiculous amount of material, mixtapes (several with all original music)/freestyles/free tracks/and yes, even an album, what does it matter to you in which form it's delivered? Sure, you got every reason to be pissed having paid money for something you didn't receive but beside that...

Personally, I couldn't care less if he gets mainstream recognition, the mainstream consists of 90% bullshit music. Of course, I wish for him to reach his goals but in my book he's already achieved what virtually nobody on this planet has. He's without a doubt one of the top 5 spitters of all time.
Maybe he's not the greatest songwriter there is, but bar for bar, nobody sees Crook. And if you look at HHW Reloaded for example, he even manages to combine that raw spit with actual content.

So yeah, I'm having a hard time finding a real reason why it should be important to me as a listener and huge fan, if he ever deliveres an album masterpiece.
(09-18-2014, 09:15 PM)Fraxxx link Wrote:I really don't see the issue here. With that ridiculous amount of material, mixtapes (several with all original music)/freestyles/free tracks/and yes, even an album, what does it matter to you in which form it's delivered? Sure, you got every reason to be pissed having paid money for something you didn't receive but beside that...

Personally, I couldn't care less if he gets mainstream recognition, the mainstream consists of 90% bullshit music. Of course, I wish for him to reach his goals but in my book he's already achieved what virtually nobody on this planet has. He's without a doubt one of the top 5 spitters of all time.
Maybe he's not the greatest songwriter there is, but bar for bar, nobody sees Crook. And if you look at HHW Reloaded for example, he even manages to combine that raw spit with actual content.

So yeah, I'm having a hard time finding a real reason why it should be important to me as a listener and huge fan, if he ever deliveres an album masterpiece.

I'm with ya, it's always seemed so silly, even back when HHW first started I remember on general hip hop boards people dismissing it because he didn't have an album out (also when I stopped paying attention to other hip hop heads opinions outside of this board)

As you said what does it matter, if he has projects better than peoples albums, and many songs that could make a couple classic double cd's

And yeah I would be pissed if I paid for his album and never got it, luckily I decided to wait for it to come out and didn't run into that but man I would be vexed
 Defective Crooked I Robot
with tweets like this it's hard to hate on crook. regardless of anything. his best quotable in a long time. Kendrick holding the new west down the future of hiphop.  he is the best whatever. whatever he can have it.  as long as crooks continue to make music im good.

https://twitter.com/CrookedIntriago/stat...8091612161

(09-18-2014, 07:47 PM)ehbunner link Wrote:Anyway I happened to see on Twitter that the shoe gang retweeted one of Crooks tweets saying something along the lines of Album recorded in 10 days so I clicked through to Crooks page and he had another one saying he was making an announcement on the 26th to give something back to h

horshoe gang also reached out to King Los.  They might be doing a collab. also Joel ortiz hinted at a total slaugter 2.  so maybe this time it will be much better than the first one?  The only person that could get eminem to step back in the ring is jay z.  thats the only battle that would make sense imo. offtopic      but yeah Hova sums up MFW whenever crook makes an announcement about a major announcement coming soon. 

[Image: leb1.gif]
I feel y'all, he is the best spitter ever for me but it's hard not to feel bad about how sour all his deals went and how all those opportunities and windows for blowing up went by.

Apex Predator was boring. To me, the shit he was spittin from 2004 - 2009 was probably his best album material album-wise. Buit obviously the sound of Hip Hop has changed and shit moves on.

(09-18-2014, 05:19 PM)Episcop DOC Cvrle link Wrote:Still no album. So much time has passed...damn, good ol days with this forum and peeps here. hope yall still good!

Yo man! Good you see you still about!
(09-26-2014, 04:00 PM)The V link Wrote:I feel y'all, he is the best spitter ever for me but it's hard not to feel bad about how sour all his deals went and how all those opportunities and windows for blowing up went by.

Apex Predator was boring. To me, the shit he was spittin from 2004 - 2009 was probably his best album material album-wise. Buit obviously the sound of Hip Hop has changed and shit moves on.

[quote author=Episcop DOC Cvrle link=topic=8370.msg305359#msg305359 date=1411075167]
Still no album. So much time has passed...damn, good ol days with this forum and peeps here. hope yall still good!

Yo man! Good you see you still about!
[/quote]

I feel the same frustrations, homie. 

I'm resigned to the fact that Crook is content where he is at, and that he will never produce the break through project that really puts him on the map and into the consciousness of mainstream hip-hop (a la Kendrick Lamar.)

Dude will always remain the best in the west in my mind, but I've given up on trying to tell other people to keep waiting on this guy. 
Yea haha. I got embarrassed in the end 'cause 10 years on and people are saying shit to me like "Where's this breakthrough Crooked album you have been talking about since forever?"
What happened to Crook? Exactly what I saw coming years ago. Nothing. Apex Predator was hot garbage, just like his four or five EPs before it.

Anways, nice to see a lot of the Dynasty/Boss Board OGs on.