Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official KXNG CROOKED "Sex, Money & Hip Hop" Thread (Now Available)
After a few months of digesting this album I can easily say this is Crooked's best solo material. A lot of growth from Crooked, we all know he is the arguably the greatest lyricist of all time but everyone on this forum always agrees that we want to hear more song-making ability and Crooked definitely succeeded with this project. This album is filled with substance and struggle but also shows Crooked's growth as an artist. Songs like "Prometheus" "Lift Me Up" "Sick of Being Broke" and "If I Die" are well thought out songs with a purpose. I'd give it a 9/10, He should've left "Martian Pussy" off of the album and it would've been perfect, "Total Slaughter" really disappointed me as well, honestly he probably could have left that off the project, I'm sure that their are much better Slaughterhouse songs in a stash somewhere, the beat is awful (except the guitar towards the end) and it just feels awkward and unfinished. 
After the relases of Kendrick, lupe, joey bada$$ and J Cole, Crooked doesn't compare to the projects they put out. Yes lyrically and technically he is great, but the songs the cohesive albums the concepts everything that the others did were eons beyond Crooked, who seems stuck in early 2000s
(05-26-2015, 08:21 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:After the relases of Kendrick, lupe, joey bada$$ and J Cole, Crooked doesn't compare to the projects they put out. Yes lyrically and technically he is great, but the songs the cohesive albums the concepts everything that the others did were eons beyond Crooked, who seems stuck in early 2000s

I do agree with you, J. Cole's album is quite possibly my favorite album in the last 5 years. Kendrick and Lupe put out some of the most thought-provoking, intelligent albums I've ever heard, I haven't had a chance to listen to Joey Bada$$'s album yet, although I did buy it the day it came out. I just think with certain artists comes certain expectations, we know Crooked can't make an album like those guys can but with Crooked's strengths I think he made the best album that he's capable of, the production certainly helped too. I hope that makes sense, it was just nice to hear Crook actually construct songs and put together a cohesive album rather than just spitting rhymes for 5 minutes.
Listening to this album again right now. Definitely his best solo project to date.