Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KXNG CROOKED & SMH Records: "Open Letter To The Internet"
I really took the time to think this move over in my head several times to understand the different points of views. However, I don't see this as a move to alienate fans, certainly not intentionally. If you think about it, whether you are buying a CD through a third party retailer such as Amazon or purchasing a digital copy through iTunes, it is still being purchased online. Considering that they are now shipping internationally, there is really no part of the fan base being excluded. I had read one argument that some people may not have CD drives anymore and that IS a possibility, but I think that's a smallest enough group to not affect his decision.

I personally think the move to keep the project rare / collectable is a great idea. Will it stay off the Internet once people start getting their copies? No. However, I think that the thought process is unique and I applaud him for trying something different.

I wouldn't worry too much about the business end of it either. Let Crooked and SMH worry about that part of it, all we have to worry about is enjoying good music.
if crook wanted to keep this off the net he shoulda made it vinyl or cassette tape

makes people have to go outta they way to copy it
still waiting on my wood cased copy of the album, not even sure if its coming anymore and that they just took my money
(07-06-2015, 06:55 PM)G-Fresh55 link Wrote:still waiting on my wood cased copy of the album, not even sure if its coming anymore and that they just took my money

Have you contacted them to ask about your order?