Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official KXNG CROOKED & Statik Selektah "Statik KXNG" Thread (Now Available)
After a few listens I can honestly say Crooked has finally dropped the LP I've known he's capable of since HHW! Amazing work.. Going to be hard for people to deny this one salute to Statik for sure.. To be fair the one song I don't like is "everybody know" the beat didn't fit the rest of the album and the hook was wack to me.. Other than that though I have no complaints the rest of the songs exceeded my high expectations I was nervous for Crooked cuz I'm such a fan but I can say I prefer this over PRhyme which I fuck with heavy.. I'll have to smoke another one and listen a few more times let it marinade.. "magic & bird", "bitch got me fucked up" and "stop playing" stood out first few listens all great songs tho.. 9/10 for the album haven't enjoyed a record like this since Piñata
Dope LP!!
Love it
Holy shit.  Not hhw crooked but the best I have heard him on Al album.  It helps that he doesn't have to have an ear for beats and statik does all that
That's a bad review they wrote on hiphopdx, did you guys see it?
http://hiphopdx.com/reviews/id.2624/titl...tatik-kxng

Haven't listened to it yet, will wait for my hard copy to arrive in the mail.
Album is really dope. A nice cohesive sound to it. I was able to play it all the way through with no skippers. It's interesting, because you wouldn't think Crook and Statik would "fit", but it really does work. Both of them adjusted their styles to make a solid project.
(02-13-2016, 03:51 AM)Dimos link Wrote:That's a bad review they wrote on hiphopdx, did you guys see it?
http://hiphopdx.com/reviews/id.2624/titl...tatik-kxng

Haven't listened to it yet, will wait for my hard copy to arrive in the mail.

Weird, I thought the lyrics and beats melded together perfectly on nearly every song, but meh too each their own, I got an album from Crook that made me say Crooked's back and that's all that matters to me

Dope Album!
 Defective Crooked I Robot
3 heaters on this project... I Hear Voices, Magic & Bird, Stop Playin' (this one is my fav, this track is FIRE)

Didn't meet my expectations as a whole though.
Just played the CD back to back twice. Crooked is dope as usual and this has to be some of the best production he's rapped on together with the Sex Money & Hip Hop album. It is way too short though in my opinion and a few songs don't even reach the 3min mark...
Why did the artist formerly known as Crooked I change his name to Kxng Crooked (and does it have to be in all caps)?