Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is this forum dead?
Here is something I don't get. Crooked's popularity has risen in the recent years and he is gaining more and more fans with the nationwide tour and the One Shot mainstream exposure he is getting. Yet, this forum is getting close to none attention and is pretty much neither keeping up with most of his activities, nor seems to be visited much, which is a pitty really. This was one of the main places where I was getting most of my info when I started building up my collection first and it makes me sad to see it like that. Wonder if there is any way to revive it and attract more interest?
Could be that now that Crooked I is much more popular this website/forum no longer is the only source of information and news, so fans don't need to visit as much as they used to. Myself for example still check the homepage from time to time but barely post on the forum. I have recently regained a bit more attention for what Crooked and HSG have been up to so been posting more over the last few days.
The official SMH/Shady releases are indeed easy to come across/order/purchase etc. However, because they are much more popular now, Crooked and HSG do tons of features on unknown artists' tracks which are barely (or not at all) promoted by the artists (and never by Crook and the gang). This forum used to be a place where those rare to find gems were shared and thus visitors helped each other not to miss out.
The activity on the forum has definitely slowed to a crawl over the past 6 months. I would love to find some ways to draw more attention to it. I have always considered the much needed "face lift". However, I admit that I do not have as much time to dedicate to this task as I did in the past. If the demand is there, I certainly will get it done though.

Dimos is right though. As Crook has become more popular, you can literally go to any blog on the Internet to find his latest tracks. This is no longer the only stop for the latest C.O.B. music. This is not necessarily a bad thing though. One of my goals with this website was to draw attention to the movement and I think that we succeeded as far as that topic is concerned.

I'm down to keep the movement going. I'm also down for new idea, please feel free to share!

always love to come and see whats up in here. effex still holdin it down
Would be amazing if you could secure exclusive content such as interviews and Q&A sessions to keep people coming back to the website. But then I understand that promoters would rather save that kind of stuff for the bigger outlets out there... Other things that would keep the website and forum going is continue to focus on building a list of all songs, projects and lyrics.
(07-06-2015, 02:53 AM)Dimos link Wrote:Would be amazing if you could secure exclusive content such as interviews and Q&A sessions to keep people coming back to the website. But then I understand that promoters would rather save that kind of stuff for the bigger outlets out there... Other things that would keep the website and forum going is continue to focus on building a list of all songs, projects and lyrics.

Well, I'm doing my best with the songs list. Although everyone once and a while I miss a couple. That's why I really appreciate when someone posts something.

As far as exclusive content. I'm am pretty sure we could work something out. Going to start exploring some options. The C.O.B. camp has always been very supportive of what we are doing here.
I think one thing that maybe puts people off is the amount of unanswered posts. I, for one thing, have so many posts with questions or requests that have been left hanging with no answer whatsoever and at one point almost completely gave up visiting cause of that.

On a side note, if I manage to find the time, I might post a massive update with all the side projects Crook and HSG have been involved with over the past couple of years. 
(07-06-2015, 04:20 PM)SuperSpider link Wrote:On a side note, if I manage to find the time, I might post a massive update with all the side projects Crook and HSG have been involved with over the past couple of years. 

That'd be awesome. In the meantime if you need answers to any of these questions you had just point me to the posts or PM me and if I can help will definitely get back to you.
(07-06-2015, 04:20 PM)SuperSpider link Wrote:I think one thing that maybe puts people off is the amount of unanswered posts. I, for one thing, have so many posts with questions or requests that have been left hanging with no answer whatsoever and at one point almost completely gave up visiting cause of that.

On a side note, if I manage to find the time, I might post a massive update with all the side projects Crook and HSG have been involved with over the past couple of years. 

I can understand that.

I would like to possibly re-examine the whole MOD line up at one point too and maybe explore giving titles to our more active members. Perhaps that would encourage more participation.