Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official KXNG CROOKED "Good Vs Evil" Album Thread (Now Available)
(11-12-2016, 06:37 PM)COBNinja link Wrote:Crooked I has killed 2016 with this fire album and Statik KXNG album and his EP.
Best rapper of 2016 as far as im concerned!
Now where is that Glass HOuse Slaughterhouse album?  There is gonna be some insane verses from crook on that album.

I think that Glasshouse might drop eventually, but it will be nothing like the original version of it. SH have already redone it twice to keep up with current events and take out some old references from what I've heard. Any Slaughterhouse material we get would be better than nothing though. And let's not forget they debuted one track a couple of months ago in front of a live audience and we still haven't got the CDQ of it yet  :-[
(11-17-2016, 09:05 AM)SuperSpider link Wrote:[quote author=COBNinja link=topic=8611.msg306169#msg306169 date=1478990234]
Crooked I has killed 2016 with this fire album and Statik KXNG album and his EP.
Best rapper of 2016 as far as im concerned!
Now where is that Glass HOuse Slaughterhouse album?  There is gonna be some insane verses from crook on that album.

I think that Glasshouse might drop eventually, but it will be nothing like the original version of it. SH have already redone it twice to keep up with current events and take out some old references from what I've heard. Any Slaughterhouse material we get would be better than nothing though. And let's not forget they debuted one track a couple of months ago in front of a live audience and we still haven't got the CDQ of it yet  :-[
[/quote]

been thinking that myself, the tracks were recorded so long ago that a lot of the stuff they say on them is probably way out of date. where'd you get your info? i haven't actually read anything about the album in what seems like a year now
album is ok, the beats are kinda meh on a lot of the tracks...so probably half of the project is skip-worthy imo.

I like the direction of the concept through-out the album, but it doesn't feel complete either.. even with the EP "deluxe" tracks included.

Same ingredients that have held Crook back from ever really touching being a real westcoast classic with any of his releases.    I was excited for both this project and especially the Statik Kxng project, but neither really met my expectations... Statik Kxng could've been much better given the quality of music that Statik has released and collabo'd on over the past decade, especially when paired with a top MC like Crooked.  Good vs Evil isn't a throw-away album by any means, but when I'm thinking back to the caliber of tracks for the time period we were in when BBC, Straight Bosses, My Life, and those gems were being leaked ahead of the album that never really materialized... the new shit just isn't grabbing ahold of me and keeping me excited about what's next.

The current landscape of political and racial tensions of course have given Crook the inspiration to delve into those subject matters right now, and I applaud the homie for doing that.. because unlike so many other MCs, he has ability to intelligently convey and talk about some real shit...but let's not start throwing gold plaques at him for medicore projects... of which all GvE, SMH, Apex, and SK unfortunately have been. 
I've had the album for a few weeks now and listened to it a couple of times. I think it is ok at best. The repetitive trap beats get boring midway through the album and Crooked's delivery is very repetitive too. I preferred Statik KXNG and I think Sex Money & Hip Hop was better as well. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me...
Been listening to this album everyday
Favorite tracks are
I want to kill you
Robocop went pop
Kxng Tut
Song
Review from 12/16/16

In todays age of hip hop culture, rarely do we get the chance to hear an album that is coherent, follows a structure, has superb lyricism couple with great production, and has a message. A classic hip hop album, if you will. Lost among todays youth is the want of a superb product from artists. The youth of the hip hop culture have become accepting of the music that is considered "dumbed down" and mumble rap.
In the battle of "Good Vs Evil", KXNG CROOKED has established himself as an elite lyricist in the War. His latest offering, Good Vs Evil is what some would consider to be a classic hip hop album because it contains all of the aforementioned quality of what we consider a complete album. This gift is not for the weak minded. Its is rebellion, rebuilding, reformation and refreshing. This is the album the masses need to hear.
The album opens up with a message from Just Blaze who quotes Chairman Fred Hampton, "You can kill the Revolutionary but you can't kill the revolution. This simple yet powerful message sets the tone for the album. On Welcome to Planet X, we are greeted by Eminem. Considering KXNG is a member of Slaughterhouse, which is on Shady Records, this fitting. We are greeted with references to Behold a Pale Horse, Malcolm X, The New World Order and even taking us back to Gary Webb and the Dark Alliance. The reggae vibe with the hard hitting drums on Dem People brings you into the reality of Chemical Warfare on the masses, police brutality, the Justice System, the war on Poor People. We recollect the effects of Acid Rain, Oil spills, Flint Water crisis and Global Warming and how it is affecting the masses of poor people.Thus far, KXNG presents himself as he is: a member of the everyday population.
As the album continues, you begin to see the concept and structure form as we are hit with Robocop Went Pop. KXNG goes hard as f*** on this. This song is reminiscent of Tupac Shakurs "Souljah Revenge". It is hear where we are sensing rebellioin on the Horizon. Fans of Bob Marley may recall the song, Them Bellys Full". This is that same song as a hip hop composition. At some point, them masses of Black people are going to grow tired of being hunted down like savages and will decide to strike back if the issue of police britality and misconduct do not cease. WIth this song, It is here that the emcee is cognizant of the fact that he will be targeted by the same program used to silence MLK, COINTELPRO. He inokes the spirits of Jonathan Jackson, George Jackson, Sekou Odinga, Mumia Jamal, Assata and many more Freedom fighters. On Rebel Parties, KXNG Crooked is asking us to dismiss the traditional political parties and he provides the listener with a blueprint for this. He gives us incredible visuals through his verbiage. We get visions of Malcolm, Nat Turner. It is at this point that Crooked is emerging as the leader for the downtrodden. The dialog between himself and the robot is leading us into the mind processing GOOD from EVIL. "I Want To Kill You" has heart pounding production that seems to tap into the small voice in your head that makes one wonder if KXNG is preparing himself to be the leader on Planet X. They want to kill you but if we began to feel the same way, does that make you a hero to the masses or just another Cold Blooded killer like THEM.Will his willingness to sacrifice himself be in vain or will the masses follow suit? Thus we get CrazyPyschoLoco. Is he crazy or is he simply doing what Huey P did to John Frey. He believes he is going crazy since aparently everyone is insane. he gives you visions of urban guerilla warfare. He makes us remember Tamir Rice, Sandra Bland and other. Who are the Hunted? You are!! As we continue our journey to Planet X, we are hit with some straight FUNK. Intergalatic Hustling features Boroc. This song seemed to be missing something: Karelezz from COB. As soon as I heard it, I wanted to hear the COB Alien.The vibe reminds me of Parliament/Funkadelic which is fitting because the next track seems to envision the party of the rebellion and the establishing of the Rebel Party from earlier in the album. It is the celebration of the soldiers coming homes in a 1968 Caddy spaceship. The beat is thumping with that West Coast funk. Its a celebratory feel on this joint. It is a sort of fulfillment of destiny. The revolution has been successful.KXNG is the Leader of Planet X. But there still are issues that exist. The masses are no longer afraid to Shoot Back. It is a statement or rather presents a hypothetical in efforts to get the Justice System to repent. If not the people will now shoot back, the passive masses are off their asses and fighting the facists. Time to unlearn everything you've learned. Its still about resistance. The People are no longer afraid. The End of Tyranny is near.
Obey is KXNG CROOKEDs speech to the masses after victory. It is the Puppets realization that the bullshit is done. He implores us to continue fight until society is rid of any remnants of the previous system. WE are then taken to The Oath or waht would be considered Crooked oath to the people! It is the masses oat to one another. It is the Middle Finger to the system. KXNG Tut brings us to the masses realizing KXNG is the leader of the free masses. He takes you through the hieroglyphics and how it coincides with his appointment. The metaphors and word play on this is pure lyricism. The signs and symbols for the conscious minds is what this is! From Pyramids to Projects..
The PuppetMaster is the swan song of THEM. The same forces he fought in the beginning are trying to gain access to Planet X and this can't be allowed. KXNG now must return and save the masses again. It is his destiny. No more speeches. Its the new federation. The hook again reminds one of Dungeon Family. With all that has been accomplish in the battle, the Puppet Master is still pulling strings but he does not know this a new movement.
This album is a CLASSIC Hip Hop Album from track 1 to track 14. If you are a armchair revolutionary, this album is NOT fro you. This album is for the new generation of Freedom Fighters. This album is the album that BLM needs to listen to. This is not a plantation mentality album. It is not Hands Up Dont Shoot! The production is masterful and follows the concept of the album. The only thing that is missing from this album is HorseShoe Gang, Slaughterhouse, Karelezz, and other COB top lyricists. I would give it 5/5.

Ssuutt2X FOREVERCOB