Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official KXNG CROOKED "Good Vs Evil" Album Thread (Now Available)
(11-12-2016, 06:37 PM)COBNinja link Wrote:Crooked I has killed 2016 with this fire album and Statik KXNG album and his EP.
Best rapper of 2016 as far as im concerned!
Now where is that Glass HOuse Slaughterhouse album?  There is gonna be some insane verses from crook on that album.

I think that Glasshouse might drop eventually, but it will be nothing like the original version of it. SH have already redone it twice to keep up with current events and take out some old references from what I've heard. Any Slaughterhouse material we get would be better than nothing though. And let's not forget they debuted one track a couple of months ago in front of a live audience and we still haven't got the CDQ of it yet  :-[
(11-17-2016, 09:05 AM)SuperSpider link Wrote:[quote author=COBNinja link=topic=8611.msg306169#msg306169 date=1478990234]
Crooked I has killed 2016 with this fire album and Statik KXNG album and his EP.
Best rapper of 2016 as far as im concerned!
Now where is that Glass HOuse Slaughterhouse album?  There is gonna be some insane verses from crook on that album.

I think that Glasshouse might drop eventually, but it will be nothing like the original version of it. SH have already redone it twice to keep up with current events and take out some old references from what I've heard. Any Slaughterhouse material we get would be better than nothing though. And let's not forget they debuted one track a couple of months ago in front of a live audience and we still haven't got the CDQ of it yet  :-[
[/quote]

been thinking that myself, the tracks were recorded so long ago that a lot of the stuff they say on them is probably way out of date. where'd you get your info? i haven't actually read anything about the album in what seems like a year now
album is ok, the beats are kinda meh on a lot of the tracks...so probably half of the project is skip-worthy imo.

I like the direction of the concept through-out the album, but it doesn't feel complete either.. even with the EP "deluxe" tracks included.

Same ingredients that have held Crook back from ever really touching being a real westcoast classic with any of his releases.    I was excited for both this project and especially the Statik Kxng project, but neither really met my expectations... Statik Kxng could've been much better given the quality of music that Statik has released and collabo'd on over the past decade, especially when paired with a top MC like Crooked.  Good vs Evil isn't a throw-away album by any means, but when I'm thinking back to the caliber of tracks for the time period we were in when BBC, Straight Bosses, My Life, and those gems were being leaked ahead of the album that never really materialized... the new shit just isn't grabbing ahold of me and keeping me excited about what's next.

The current landscape of political and racial tensions of course have given Crook the inspiration to delve into those subject matters right now, and I applaud the homie for doing that.. because unlike so many other MCs, he has ability to intelligently convey and talk about some real shit...but let's not start throwing gold plaques at him for medicore projects... of which all GvE, SMH, Apex, and SK unfortunately have been. 
I've had the album for a few weeks now and listened to it a couple of times. I think it is ok at best. The repetitive trap beats get boring midway through the album and Crooked's delivery is very repetitive too. I preferred Statik KXNG and I think Sex Money & Hip Hop was better as well. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me...
Been listening to this album everyday
Favorite tracks are
I want to kill you
Robocop went pop
Kxng Tut
Song