Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Christmas HHW throwback (All Eyez On Me)
Crooked I: All Eyez On Me
(27th December 2007)
Christmas Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDdtCPyhMo
Haha, was just listenin' to that earlier which is why I quoted it in that holidays thread Tongue. That one has some of the best lyrics although everyone is ridic. No disrespect to Pac, he's a legend, but I prefer Crook's verse largely.
Yeah, I was listening to it too last night.  Happy Holidays!
I don't wanna make a new topic for this I just wanna get your guys opinion quickly. If you compare Crooked's verses on ie. the hip hop weekly beats or any others where he used other vets beats it's pretty obvious lyric for lyric that atleast the vast majority of time he dominates the originals. I give props to the innovators and all for what they do and I'm no newbie, I've listened to almost every mixtape released on a daily basis and the discography for almost all mainstream and underground artists and I still don't understand how people can argue that the other verses are better.

Just wondering what anyone else thinks on this? I realize opinions differ and you might be lookin' for different things (someone might like flow, someone might like punchlines, metaphors, alliteration, etc.) but if you add all these up together and look at them one at a time it's almost undeniable and you can quote lines to prove this but people still deny it. I think I might make a youtube vid comparin' him with some of the greats if I'm not lazy haha.
(12-26-2008, 01:55 AM)Mtape link Wrote: I don't wanna make a new topic for this I just wanna get your guys opinion quickly. If you compare Crooked's verses on ie. the hip hop weekly beats or any others where he used other vets beats it's pretty obvious lyric for lyric that atleast the vast majority of time he dominates the originals. I give props to the innovators and all for what they do and I'm no newbie, I've listened to almost every mixtape released on a daily basis and the discography for almost all mainstream and underground artists and I still don't understand how people can argue that the other verses are better.

Just wondering what anyone else thinks on this? I realize opinions differ and you might be lookin' for different things (someone might like flow, someone might like punchlines, metaphors, alliteration, etc.) but if you add all these up together and look at them one at a time it's almost undeniable and you can quote lines to prove this but people still deny it. I think I might make a youtube vid comparin' him with some of the greats if I'm not lazy haha.

I agree, with maybe one or two exceptions Crooked I's HHW verses are better than the originals. In years to come I really hope people look back at the HHW's as one of the defining moments in hip-hop/rap, because to me it really is.
Personally, the only exception was International Player's Album.  I enjoy the original and the Chopped and screwed more than the Crooked version.