Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One-2 & DJ Vick One - "Kabob & Vodka" (Mixtape)
This mixtape is absoloute fire!!!
Some real deep lyrics in this... Album quality!!!
(06-16-2010, 07:18 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Now THIS is how a mixtape is supposed to be done!
(06-16-2010, 07:18 PM)EFFeX link Wrote:Now THIS is how a mixtape is supposed to be done!

One-2 literally blacks out on this mixtape and actually has SOMETHING to say on it. It's not just meaningless lyrics, this guy has TOPICS. I have to give Vick One a lot of props on this project as well, perfect blending, great cuts and scratching. JOB WELL DONE!

Although the project could be a little longer, it's straight and to the point and has no filler material. A great preview to the EP!

Thanks One-2 and Treacherous!

I agree 100%!  Every track left me wanting more, which is exactly what a mixtape/ep is supposed to do.  One is growing into a great artist and hopefully this will get him some of the exposure he deserves!
I downloaded this as soon as hit dubcnn and then after listening to the whole thing through i immediately put in on my ipod. Hotdamn!!! This mixtape is so good in my opinion i would like to give my take on it. First of all, the beats he chose to rhyme over are classic rap songs and i like how he rapped over instrumentals that he liked whether or not if it's popular in the mainstream, he could of chosen mainstream beats like countless mcs do when making a mixtape, but he didn't which says alot about one-2 as an artist, trying to be ORIGINAL. BTW this ain't no shot at crooked, royce or joell lol i'm just speaking in general terms. Second, It's not loaded with features, it is a full display of one-2, you really get to hear him out 100%, it's like the nas quote "my first album had no famous guest appearances/ the outcome, they call nas the best lyricist" i'm not sure if i quoted him word 4 word correctly tho. Third, unlike alot of dj's that host mixtapes, dj vickone did not yell on it, all he did was mix it, thats it. Dj whoo kid and dj drama outta try that out for a couple of mixtapes. Then finally, one-2's murderous rhymes and topic bank. Damn one-2 is really developing into a an incredible artist, his lyrical wordplay really knocked me out on this mixtape. I can listen to his mixtape in rotation for the next 2 months straight. This mixtape is one artistic/lyrical gem forreal.
(06-17-2010, 06:06 AM)Akademic link Wrote:[quote author=EFFeX link=topic=3795.msg273505#msg273505 date=1276733895]
Now THIS is how a mixtape is supposed to be done!

One-2 literally blacks out on this mixtape and actually has SOMETHING to say on it. It's not just meaningless lyrics, this guy has TOPICS. I have to give Vick One a lot of props on this project as well, perfect blending, great cuts and scratching. JOB WELL DONE!

Although the project could be a little longer, it's straight and to the point and has no filler material. A great preview to the EP!

Thanks One-2 and Treacherous!

I agree 100%!  Every track left me wanting more, which is exactly what a mixtape/ep is supposed to do.  One is growing into a great artist and hopefully this will get him some of the exposure he deserves!
[/quote]  Every track made me want more too. I cannot wait for his ep i really look forward to it as to other one-2 stuff in the future.
Amazing tape, cant wait for the EP, i need a hard copy, this really is his best work to date
this has left me as speechless as the Karelezz mixtape! damn one-2 raised the bar.
(06-18-2010, 08:46 AM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:this has left me as speechless as the Karelezz mixtape! damn one-2 raised the bar.

It's crazy, I'm really impressed with this tape.

Although it's not original production, it's so seamless that it makes you think it's a real album (aside from the length of course).

Great music.
i'm playin this right now... pretty dope tape so far but it's too short! Sad